Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 151 - 160 of 5566 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...557

Forum » Thread

Re: Scat identification assistance needed
If it looks dry and sort of compacted like a miniature hay bale, break one apart. If you find pieces of small bones, fur, feathers, it belongs to an owl. Google "owl pellets", then ...

In Chaff » Scat identification assistance needed
January 13, 6:33pm

Re: Re: New Cord - UltraGlide Bear Line - Introductory Sale
^^^ Bob, Do you have problems with it cutting into the limb? Or are you fortunate enough to find dead stubs sticking out far enough?

In Gear Deals » New Cord - UltraGlide Bear Line - Introductory Sale
January 13, 5:37pm

Re: marginal
It is pretty easy to spot and ignore.

In Gear Deals » $11.49 for 25g BRS-3000T Ultra-light stove and $5.99 for budget Multifunctional tools
January 13, 5:04pm

Re: Re: Stanford Super-insulated clothing
This was posted earlier by Alan G. , with This Link. "This may do a good job with radiated heat loss, but radiated heat loss is only a small fraction of the human body's overall heat...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stanford Super-insulated clothing
January 13, 11:24am

Re: wilderness backpacker?
Yea, when someone is confused and running away, the only solution is to shoot.

In Chaff » Cops will face charges for killing wilderness backpacker.
January 12, 5:14pm

Re: Re: Testing the Kovea Spider Stove by FLAT CAT GEAR
Jimmer - I found the videos pretty informative. I'm curious why you feel this info warrants a SPAM label? Care to share your perspective? Shouting from the soapbox is ok if there is a r...

In GEAR » Testing the Kovea Spider Stove by FLAT CAT GEAR
January 12, 10:11am

Re: Pick the right parents
Did a lot of camping as a kid, and got comfortable being out of doors.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How much did childhood experiences influence your interest in backpacking.
January 11, 9:48pm

Re: rodents
"No idea why marmots would chew gas lines" WAG - I'd guess it was a rubber connector/strain-relief bit somewhere.

In Chaff » Marmots/ Car Gas Lines
January 11, 3:39pm

Re: Re: vegan food on the go
+1 on a dehydrator and taking your own food, the way you like it. I've never had a commercial meal that compared with what comes our of our kitchen.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vegan food on the go
January 11, 3:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ads
^^^ Oh, I think he cares, but how much time to you put into something like this, for so little in return? (Sort of like re-painting the living room.) I'd just like to see better control ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
January 11, 3:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm