Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Lewis (gpl916) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale PNW
About Me I am relatively new to backpacking. I did some in high school, which was a long time ago, and just started again. I find that the UL style blends with many of my interests which include adventure racing, mountain biking,road biking, kayaking, sailing, and of course backpacking. I like to think of myself as an adventurer rather than one hobby or another. Of course, the kids have kept that in check over the last few years. I have some catching up to do!
CityKirkland
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.kirkland360.com
My PDF Gear ListGrand canyon four day

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Lewis

Showing 151 - 160 of 226 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re: titanium for stove
Richard, See the discussion in the gear deals forum on Titanium on ebay. There is some good discussion that got a little off track and would probably have been more appropriate in MYOG. IMO Ti i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium for windscreen, pot support.
February 22, 11:04am

Re: WTB Titanium Pot & Pocket Rocket
Hey Rick, There was a pocket rocket on Seattle Craigslist yesterday for $25. Greg

In Gear Swap » WTB Titanium Pot & Pocket Rocket
February 22, 7:27am

Re: Titanium foil uses
Yes, it's plenty stiff enough for many things. I rolled some up and set two stakes on top and it easily supported my firelight 550. So you could easily do a combined pot stand/ windscreen. ...

In Gear Deals » Titanium on Ebay
February 21, 5:22pm

Re: to Dutch
The height is perfect for me because I wanted the windscreen to fit inside my pots. I had to cut the height down to make them fit. With my Super gram weenie and whitebox, I don't get alot o...

February 21, 5:05pm

Re: Ti foil
Gary, The other project I am considering is a titanium grill for Tenkara caught fish. Basically I would take left over strips around 11" long by 3/4" width and fold them to about 90 de...

February 21, 5:00pm

Re: aaron x2
Hey Guys, Yes, that is the link. It says 3mil (not 3mm) which by my handy converter (online) says it equals .003". It IS thin but it is such tough stuff that it will work well. I just have ...

February 21, 3:38pm

Titanium on Ebay
I am not sure if this is a gear deal or not but I bought 4' of .003 titanium foil on Ebay for $12. It came to $15 with shipping but I was able to make windscreens for both my firelight 550 and ...

February 21, 12:31pm

re; welcome
Thanks! gl

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Rainier light?
February 21, 12:26pm

re; national parks
Hi, I'll take the National parks- West Topo for PC. Greg

In Gear Swap » FS-BOOKS, DVD'S, TOPO MAP SOFTWARE
February 20, 10:38pm

reply to Aaaron and Doug
Aaron, I am really looking forward to spending the 3 days up there. I can imagine that under the right conditions it would be a grand stage with the sights and sounds that you mentioned. Doug...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Rainier light?
February 20, 9:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Lewis

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I would caution anyone doing business with this company. I ordered a GoLight Ion on 2/18. They ran my card on 2/19. They didn't call until a week later and said that it was no longer available...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 05, 5:31pm