Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Zuniga (gliden2) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northwest
About Me Ultralite backcountry enthusiast and traveler! I enjoy big mile days on the trail, MLD gear, and keeping things simple and minimal while pushing the limits. After a failed attempt on the TRT(Tahoe rim trail) last summer, I plan on going back again this year for redemtion and completing it in under 5 days.
CityBend
StateOregon
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListTRT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Zuniga

Showing 151 - 160 of 222 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

WTB: Gatewood Cape,Spectralite.60 (Cuben) Poncho Tarp, or MLD Silnylon Pro Poncho"
Does anyone have one of these they want to sell? Im looking for one to use on my upcoming TRT hike in July. Sorry if i was supposed to Bump this message. Ali- Hopefully those ants won't wa...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Gatewood Cape,Spectralite.60 (Cuben) Poncho Tarp, or MLD Silnylon Pro Poncho
June 02, 2:30pm

Re:WTB: Gatewood Cape,Spectralite.60 (Cuben) Poncho Tarp, or MLD Silnylon Pro Poncho
Ali, Thanks for the warninig on weather and Giant Black biting ants. I also had the privlage of living in the Tahoe area(SLT:)for 5 years. What an amazing place:) I hope to move back someday. As f...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Gatewood Cape,Spectralite.60 (Cuben) Poncho Tarp, or MLD Silnylon Pro Poncho
June 02, 1:24pm

WTB: Gatewood Cape,Spectralite.60 (Cuben) Poncho Tarp, or MLD Silnylon Pro Poncho
Im looking for any one of these poncho tarps for an upcoming TRT hike in July. Since the Trail is pretty dry this time a year, i want to go as light as possible by combining a wind jacket with the ...

June 02, 10:42am

Re:TRT Hike
Hey Nick, I tried the unused socks in the shoulder straps as well. Although they were comfortable enough for shoulder padding, they shifted and bunched up. They were semi fussy like you said to...

In Gear Lists » TRT Gear List 09
June 02, 10:29am

Re:TRT in July
Hey Nick, I enjoyed your read and trip report on the Skyline Trail – PCT – Jo Pond Loop:)How did the Murmur feel with 17+ lbs inside? I really love the pack!I can say it's definitely made ...

June 01, 11:15pm

RE:TRT
Roger- I normally always travel with a compass and map. But as others have said on this thread the trail is heavily traveled and well marked. Also the map i will be traveling with identifies places...

June 01, 9:08pm

RE:TRT Gear List 09
Hey Dave, Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences on the TRT:)Sorry to hear about your brused foot. It sounds like you were traveling at a good pace. As for water, the trail starts...

June 01, 4:09pm

Re: TRT Eating
I had originally planned on doing the hike unsupported with no re-supplies...but then i put into perspective the long days i will have on the trail (min.33 miles/day)+the likelyhood of carrying mor...

May 31, 5:19pm

TRT Eating
Roger- Have you ever eatin @ the Red Hut Cafe? There is 2 of them in Lake Tahoe, one being right on Kingsbury Grade:D!It's one of the many legendary resturants around the lake! Im getting real ...

May 31, 3:57pm

TRT Comments
Thank you everyone for your questions and advice!:) Frank-Yeah the Atom could be a little over kill, and i am bringing the extra pad. I know i could easily get the Pro 60 quilt+Montbell UL DOwn ...

May 30, 9:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Zuniga

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
-This Review is based purely on service since i haven't recieved my quilt yet... I will add a a more extensive review once i have had some time with it in the field. The guys at Jack's R Be...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 11:24am

Montbell UL Down Inner Jacket
This thing really shines in soo many ways. It's slim fit keeps the core warm nicely preventing convective heat loss- great for boosting temps in your sleep system, and wearing during breaks-or col...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
March 25, 3:44pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These are a great feelin, lightweight base layer. I have used them under wind and insulated pants with great success, and they never get stinky! The only downside is they run and tear a little too eas...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 2:28am

Oware Dixon Double Bivy
This review is on the Oware Dixon Double Bivy. I had been in the market for a double bivy for a long time but couldn't find too many options out there! I had seen the Double Vapr Bivy Sack @ BPL...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
February 09, 7:23pm