BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 151 - 160 of 1450 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...145

Forum » Thread

All of the above.
Let''s take it as fact that Giardia can pass through the nose to infect. Further, it is known that drinking untreated water can cause the sickness as can food contamination from others. A...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » POP QUIZ
November 03, 5:28am

PCT layers
"Is it foolish to think I could get by with a windshirt (houdini), down parka (mointbell UL down parka) driducks rain jacket and maybe some wind pants(montbelll dynamo) for the PCT? I rarely s...

In GEAR » Layering system for PCT and 3 season hiking?
November 01, 5:14pm

Support crew
I would lean toward a trimmed wet suit. But, this isn't exactly my sort of type 2 fun. However, since this is halfway close to me, let me know if you need a support crew. I am up for that!

In Philosophy & Technique » Warmth in True Wetness
October 30, 7:29pm

Anticipation.
The nervous excitement begins. Should be a lot easier pre planning than last year since I know a bit more what to expect. I will take a bit more time than last year to take advantage of being in ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2014 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open: Marias Pass to Monture Creek
October 27, 3:03pm

Re: Re: Dark or bittersweet chocolate recommendation please.
"Whatever happened to the Tropical Hersey Bar that we had 25 years ago? It would not melt on a bet." Let me see if I can find out. I have "inside sources"

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dark or bittersweet chocolate recommendation please.
October 21, 5:56am

Smokes.
I did a trip that ended at Newfound Gap last December. Here is an example of the crazy weather. day 4 - enter park from eat side on AT. dress - shorts and running shoes. By noon it started raini...

In Gear Lists » Smoky Mountain Winter Gear List.... Help Please!!!
October 21, 5:12am

My Name is Malto
And I have a problem. I keep trying to take a rest day but I keep finding myself working out anyway. I am starting to find running is like crack. The good news is that after several years of hat...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
October 19, 7:58pm

Not yosemite
But if you enough time to get to the Onion Valley trailhead you could head into the heart of SEKI. But check the weather first. I have done fall trips out of yosemite valley via the JMT. You...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Help with a quick Yosemite trip
October 19, 7:48pm

Another possibility
I have only had blisters on my toes when hiking on very dusty trail when my feet get covered in grit. In that case I have been able to avoid those blisters by keeping my feet cleaner.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to prevent blisters between my third and fourth toes...
October 12, 5:27am

Re: Re: Re: Let's hope things turn out as well for other hikers still out there
Colter, Great analogy about Andrea being the "worried PCT mom". I emailed a link to the journal linked above to a very experienced thru hiker. His response was "Is that a journal of...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hikers in trouble on Pacific Crest Trail
October 10, 5:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.