Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

George Geist (geist) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Smoky Mountains
About Me George Geist has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by George Geist

Showing 151 - 160 of 163 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Re: Scotch Extreme Application tape
> Interesting about the differences in the duct tape - I didn't know that. In your notebook sketches, you refer to both clear duct tape and "Scotch Ultimate tape". I don't find...

In Philmont » Homemade tents
September 07, 9:28am

Re: fabrics and zippers
> Can I buy some of those fabrics and zippers from stores, > or is it all mail-order? Hi David, I ended up getting the materials mail-order. You may want to check out the MYOG forum...

September 07, 8:45am

Re: Homemade tents
> Does your 18 oz figure include all the cords, stakes and > "floor" or just the main body? 18oz for main body and all cordage 4oz for the 9'x9' sheet used for the...

September 06, 2:44pm

Re: Homemade Tents
> Are those homemade 2-man tents what your crew used? > How did they hold up? I didn't realize those > space blankets were that tough. Hi Michael, As seen in the picture at ...

In Philmont » Cooking Systems
August 29, 9:46pm

Re: Beyond Turkey bagging
> What do you do on normal trips where you don't have any > Philmont pouches? Just use the Tupperware method? Hi Michael, We haven't had a Troop backpacking trip since we got ...

August 27, 9:10pm

Beyond Turkey bagging
When considering what cooking system to use on our Philmont trek, we first considered turkey bagging. The pro is the large pots do not have to be cleaned. The cons where we had to carry two large p...

August 26, 11:42pm

Re: Philmont Trek Experience
Our crew was also caught by surprise by the volume that the four days of Philmont food took up in our packs. I dropped a picture on the Philmont Cooking Systems forum if folks are curious to see th...

In Philmont » Philmont Trek Experience
August 20, 9:23pm

Re: New lightweight Philmont Cooking Technique
>If the bags go inside, why would you need clips? >Why not use something simpler like a padded Tyvek mailing envelope? Excellent question Michael. Here are three photos of the cozy that ...

August 20, 5:20pm

Re: Lightweight Philmont Cooking Kit
In the image below may be useful to crews heading to Philmont for the first time. First, it shows how much volume, and how many bags, 4 days of food for a crew of 8 is. Lesson 1. Be sure your b...

August 07, 9:39pm

Re: New lightweight Philmont Cooking Technique
> Did you make that chair yourself or is it something you bought? Hi Jim, I bought the Sling-Light chair on the recommendations of folks on this forum who said it was really useful to the...

August 05, 10:20pm

All Reader Reviews by George Geist

George Geist has posted no reviews.