BPL Community Profile

Gabe Joyes (gabe_joyes) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Lander, WY
About Me I live at the base of the Wind River Range in Wyoming with my wife and dog. I love to hike all over the Greater Yellowstone area. Our goal is to lighten our packs so that we can go as far as we can, as fast as we can. I currently work for an alternative high school and NOLS.
CityLander
StateWY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gabe Joyes

Showing 151 - 160 of 240 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

bump
bump

In Gear Swap » FS: Down Jacket (pic included)
May 30, 11:15am

bump
bump

May 28, 10:53pm

Lighter backpack
I currently use an Osprey Talon 44, which I really like, but I'm wondering if there is a lighter pack out there for me. Anyone have any suggestions outside of the usual suspects (Osprey Hornet...

In GEAR » Lighter backpack
May 27, 9:47am

still available
Buyer backed out, jacket is still available. Men's Red Patagonia Capilene 1 Tank size small also available. I sell both for $100

May 27, 9:42am

great work
Great work as always. Excellent photographs and write up. Take care of yourselves.

In Editor's Roundtable » The Global Test III: Trekking in Russia
May 24, 3:06pm

price reduced
$90 shipped CONUS

May 24, 8:40am

bump
bump

May 23, 8:44am

photo?
Can you post a picture of it or email me some photos? Do you know what has changed between the first generation and the current crop of downlight sweaters?

In Gear Swap » FS First Ascent Downlight Sweater Men's Small
May 23, 8:37am

FS: Men's Small Down Jacket (pic included)
The North Face Thunder Down Jacket Toasty warm and in great shape. Weighs 12.8 oz. on my scale. Size Men's small. $100 EMAIL ME: gabe.joyes@gmail.com

May 20, 8:31am

WTB: MLD SPEEDMID
Hi folks I am interested in a MLD Speed Mid, make me an offer! EMAIL ME: gabe.joyes@gmail.com Thanks!

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD SPEEDMID
May 20, 8:27am

All Reader Reviews by Gabe Joyes

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Osprey Talon 44
All of the Osprey Talon packs are just plain comfortable. For all of the features the Talon 44 packs, I think its weight is actually pretty amazing. Sure you could get a lighter pack, but for the co...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 13, 12:49pm

The North Face Hydrogen Jacket (2008 Model)
This was the lightest wind breaker I could find with a full-zip and no hood. The men's comes in at 2.9 oz. and the women's at 2.4 oz. Blocks the wind wonderfully and is pretty breathable. T...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
November 13, 12:36pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
I love this bag. Lofts up wicked fast, never leaks feathers, packs small (for a 20 degree bag), spot on temp rating for me and my wife. The regular length definitely runs a bit short, I'm 5&#...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 13, 11:15am