BPL Community Profile

Jeffrey Kuchera (frankenfeet) - BPL Guest

My Locale Great Lakes
About Me - Venture Crew Committee
- ME-GA 2005
- Ultralighter (sometimes)Heavy Hauler (sometimes)
- WFA & CPR trained
- Hiker Trash
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffrey Kuchera

Showing 151 - 160 of 511 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...52

Forum » Thread

Stickler for details.
Well I wasn't there so I don't know for sure but your post does indeed say that you donned it in the evening adding extra layers under it not once but twice before the morning when you skie...

In GEAR » AntiGravity Gear Raincoat
May 11, 12:18am

Fuel bottle hunt.
I have never run across a fuel bottle like that which you are describing. A 16 oz bottle that fits in a one liter pot with a simmerlite and a simmerlite fuel pump right? I don't think this bott...

In GEAR » MSR Simmerlite Stove question
May 10, 11:57pm

Trust issues and trashbaggery.
I don't trust a hiker who doesn't sweat at least a little. The body gives off perspiration even at rest and hiking doesn't qualify as rest. Even while modifying my clohting system en ro...

May 10, 11:36pm

Disclaimer.
Disclaimer -Bob doesn't sweat he could wear a garbage bag. I enjoy using a windshirt in the winter myself since it is actually somewhat breathable as compared to sil nylon.

May 10, 11:25pm

Checking GSMNP weather.
Check the weather and everything else about GSMNP here Weather is not very volatile on the lakeshore trail. That trail runs at a lower elevation. The trail tops out at around 2300' The mor...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Temps this weekend GSMNP
May 10, 11:07pm

More details on TT Rainbow.
Jay it does have the grommets for trekking pole support. It also has a zippered vestibule. Thanks for your questions. Thanks for the oppurtunity to answer the questions and of course BUMP this up t...

In Gear Swap » FS TT Rainbow
May 10, 7:40am

Leave a trail of wasabi peas......
I lure my girlfriend into the woods with tasty little foods she enjoys eating.

In GEAR » Camping Luxuries
May 09, 8:24pm

Bump.
Bump for lower price. Now asking $170.

In Gear Swap » FS TT Rainbow
May 09, 8:12pm

Heavy furrowing and loss of comfort = replacement.
When considering any trail runner with an EVA or similiar polymer midsole, it is time to replace them when the midsole becomes heavily furrowed in conjunction with loss of comfort of the shoe. Some...

In GEAR » when to replace trail runners
May 09, 5:56pm

Time for another exorcism?
Given your goals and considering the money you spent on this project I would say that you did an extremely good job! The only item that really draws attention is the Sirius three tent. It is really...

In Gear Lists » Newbie Midwest 3 Season
May 09, 5:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeffrey Kuchera

Jeffrey Kuchera has posted no reviews.