Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Frank Perkins (fperkins) - BPL Guest

My Locale North East
About Me Click on my website to my gear list: http://www.fperkins.com/backpacking/my-ultralight-backpacking-gear-list.php
StateConnecticut
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/67xjoa
My PDF Gear List3 season gear list.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Frank Perkins

Showing 151 - 160 of 295 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: Map coordinates to GPS
Sorry if I wasn't clear but I don't actually own a GPS. What I'm trying to do is find coordinates on my physical paper map in Google Earth.

In Philosophy & Technique » Map coordinates to GPS
January 24, 1:37pm

Map coordinates to GPS
I have a map of an area I plan to hike. On the map are "coordinates"? of 4660000N on the right hand side [latitude?] and up top 624000E for longitude? I then pull up Google Earth and ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Map coordinates to GPS
January 24, 8:49am

Re: Gossamer Gear pack durability
I have read just about everything there is to read about GG and their products and you won't find a better company when it comes to customer service and craftsmanship. That being said, there i...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear pack durability
January 22, 6:14pm

Re: A few things I learned this weekend
Great post Chris. I have been researching/agonizing/obsessing on my next sleeping bag/quilt purchase. After reading through this and this and this and this and las...

In GEAR » A few things I learned this weekend
January 21, 12:04pm

Re: Sleeping Bag or Quilt - When Weight & Loft are the Same!
I had started a similar thread comparing bag vs bag and then quilt vs bag The flaw in my logic is that I was comparing quilts to bags of *equal* temperature ratings. The weight differences betw...

In GEAR » When a Bag is Better than a Quilt
January 18, 7:26am

Re: "I did not know how to stay warm when it was cold"
Nevermind guys, I found this video that answers all my questions: How to Pack for Cold Weather Hiking Read the comments.

In Philosophy & Technique » "I did not know how to stay warm when it was cold"
January 17, 10:45am

Re: hands
I didn't know that, thanks for the great tip! On another thread a poster mentioned that to keep your hands warm, you can put them in a fist. I could understand how keeping your fingers wr...

In Philosophy & Technique » "I did not know how to stay warm when it was cold"
January 17, 7:30am

Re: Megalite
The only problem with the Megalite is that it's 7-10 ounces heavier than what I'm considering buying. I should mention I already have a WM Ultralite Super and I was looking for a lighter a...

In GEAR » WM Highlite vs Summerlite
January 17, 5:49am

Re: Save 20% Off at Detour Gear Zone!
[dbl post, oops]

In Gear Deals » SAve 20% Off at Detour Gear Zone!
January 17, 5:44am

Re: Save 20% Off at Detour Gear Zone!
Good deal! I ordered a Jam2 for my brother's birthday for 80 bucks with free shipping and I already got the tracking number. Thanks for sharing Robert.

In Gear Deals » SAve 20% Off at Detour Gear Zone!
January 17, 5:43am

All Reader Reviews by Frank Perkins

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia
My R1 hoody stitching started to fall apart and they took back the old one and sent me a brand new one. I also had a rip in my micropuff vest when my waist cinch cord ripped out. Again, no proble...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 15, 7:53pm

Backcountry.com
Never had an issue with them so they get a 5

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 1:08pm

Taco Bell Spork
I recently used the TacoHell spork on a recent 3 person trip. I had titanium spoon, but my brother and cousin did not and this was a free and light alternative. Unfortunately, two of the sporks brok...

In Cookware - Other
January 08, 12:41pm