Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Raquel Rascal (flutingaround) - BPL Guest

My Locale Rocky Mtn. West
About Me An outdoors girl in Denver, CO. I have a love for skiing, snowshoeing and backpacking and want to venture into other mountain sports--backcountry skiing? I just took a winter camping course with the CMC last year. I have started to get back pain with a heavier load, so I want to lighten up and meet others in my area with the same mentality.
CityDenver
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Raquel Rascal

Showing 151 - 160 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

true that
My strategy was to buy a two walled solo tent that had been mentioned on BPL as a contender...and then to go out and buy the cheapest one I could find. Found my Easton Kilo on Gear Trade for the ri...

In GEAR » Lightest Traditional 1 Person 3 Season Tent?
October 30, 4:16pm

Easton Kilo
I've been rockin' the new Easton Kilo 1P ( 2lbs.)and just used it sucessfully for a winter camping in 30 MPH winds. It's worthy of consideration if you are shorter than 6 feet.

In GEAR » Lightest Traditional 1 Person 3 Season Tent?
October 30, 3:58pm

Thanks Tom..
What about this one for horses? It seems a little more basic: http://www.amazon.com/Farnam-Apple-Elite-Electrolyte-lbs/dp/B000A6XJIE

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hydration electrolyte replacement recommendations
October 29, 6:35pm

Farm supply?
You all might think I'm completely crazy, but what about trying an inexpensive electrolyte powder from a farm supply store? I've been looking through these at Farm and Fleet and it looks li...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hydration electrolyte replacement recommendations
October 29, 4:43pm

PM sent
I'm interested.

In Gear Swap » FS: Outdoor Research PL 400 Mittens
October 29, 1:08pm

Rocky Mtn. winter camping - pictures!
Hi Josh, I think we might have exchanged a few e-mails on this topic, and I just wanted to follow up with some pictures from the CMC winter camping course that may be helpful (or fun!) for you t...

In Winter Hiking » How necessary is a 4 season tent?
October 29, 9:58am

Hind?
I have a pair of Hind Artic Drylete tights that I have used for many years that have held up great. Also, I like Sport Hill's products. I have a pair of their 3SP tights that I use for th...

In GEAR » full on winter tights
October 29, 7:56am

insulated wind shirts
I'm looking at experimenting with an insulated wind shirt with a micro pile liner as my primary base layer / active layer for snowshoeing and winter hiking. Has anyone experimented with this? ...

In GEAR » Windshirt question
October 29, 7:45am

Ether
I bought an Ether too...for women, there are pockets. It also has the advantage of a hood and mesh under armpits for ventilation. I'm hoping to experiment with it as a base layer and wind shirt...

In GEAR » marmot driclime windshirt replacement
October 28, 5:19pm

Malpais
Hi there! I just wanted to follow up about the Malpais. I was able to test it out this weekend while trying to summit a 14ner in Colorado. I made it to about 13500 and had to turn back due to high ...

In GEAR » Marmot Minimalist
October 28, 1:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Raquel Rascal

Raquel Rascal has posted no reviews.