BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 151 - 160 of 589 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: laser pointer .. ???
would not a person need to hit not only the airplane, but eye of the pilot/co-pilot ? and this, with a beam that makes it's living by remaining small and condensed. yes, the cheaper beams do sp...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Visibility to helicopters if lost, stranded or injured
October 15, 1:01pm

Re: A good balaclava is a standard item for me
" A balaclava is one of the warmest items per oz. to carry." it is exactly as Buck says. all i can add to that is when you are toting a not-so-ultralight load, and the days starts out...

In GEAR » Your favorite Warm Hat; Favorite Warm sun hat/system
October 11, 5:36pm

Re: Re: Aarn bodypack experience
my aarn pack does indeed have a lot of straps in front, and sometimes an arm errantly wanders thru the wrong place. some extra tlc and buckles on my part would probably cure it. can you not just s...

In GEAR » Aarn bodypack experience
October 11, 8:58am

Retro-Bike'n ??
are we retro there, with what appears to be a drum brake Honda 350 ? that is very cool. perhaps not really the finest machine ever conceived of all time, but still, extremely cool. bike camping...

In Editor's Roundtable » Moto-Backpacking
October 10, 7:04am

Re: Techniques for River Corridor Camping
bears use rivers quite a bit, and if you look for it, one can normally see the tracks form this use. IF you are so lame (done it...) to set up directly on the track, they will wander right thru you...

In Editor's Roundtable » Techniques for River Corridor Camping
October 09, 8:56am

Re: Dana Design Arcflex Terraplane
nice pack. fantastic rear pockets. a good, solid flexible design, works even better is you fold up the lower compartment. however, i've had two of them, and the max usable load was about 55#...

In Gear Swap » Dana Design Arcflex Terraplane
October 09, 8:44am

Re: Help Me Decide!
i have had great service from my WM dryloft apache. the extra duty outer shell makes it less subject to dampness on longer trips. it is also the bag of choice to hand to my lady when she's wit...

In GEAR » Help Me Decide!
October 04, 8:46am

Re: Are hammocks hot in the summer
i don't have one (yet), but have heard you can get mosquito bit often and easily right thru the bottom surface. just a thought ... v.

In Hammocks » Are hammocks hot in the summer
October 02, 11:23am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: UHMWPE film
on a side note, in my travels thru the depths of sewing, i have played with that iron on adhesive strip/gauze/rolls of stuff they sell at fabric stores. it will, at reasonably low temperatures stic...

In GEAR » alternatives to Cuben Fabric?
October 01, 7:42am

Re: double sided tape
so, if say, your leuko tape is pulling at the edges, and it's mucking up the insides or your socks (Very ucky on a long trip), and you've tried to powder/benzoin the edges to no avail ... h...

In GEAR » Foot care kit, need help.
October 01, 7:24am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm