Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 151 - 160 of 621 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...63

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Punch not drill?
will a small punch shatter ? ohh ya ! like gangbusters.n if you stop a moment and ponder how a punch works (is like a shear, but round), you will see that as a punch gets smaller, there is ever ...

In GEAR » Ultralight Saws
November 27, 9:07am

Re: Drilling Holes in Saw Blades
"spot annealing ", that's a good tip. if you are troll such as i, the drill bit sort of does that as it gets dull : ) i will try it when i get to drill'n 2" blades. che...

In GEAR » Ultralight Saws
November 26, 2:59pm

Re: heating vs. cooling
interesting thread, and LOTS of good info. i may relate that a few times i was rafting for many hours,a nd then stopped (to pee), i felt fine when i hit the gravel bar, and walked a few steps, the...

In Philosophy & Technique » Getting warm, staying warm, & vice versa
November 26, 10:20am

Re: Spray foam stove pad for snow camping?
perhaps not foam, but the burn-proof cloth used by welding contractors to keep sparks form damaging windows (welding sparks do that) wieghs not very much, and simply will not burn at temps less tha...

In GEAR » Spray foam stove pad for snow camping?
November 21, 5:29am

Re: Simplifying Expedition Food With Single Serving Sized Package
yikes : for one, i can eat a 16oz bag of cashews while drinking a cheap bottle of wine (both avail at Trader Joe's) at one sitting. no problems what so ever. so "extra uneaten nuts&quo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Simplifying Expedition Food With Single Serving Sized Packages
November 20, 12:02pm

Re: My bikepacking webzine
very cool. and such the romantic adventures. is all good. you are aware that 4 fellows from whitehorse recently rode the canol trail. yes ? this isn;t really great posting material, but you hav...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » My bikepacking webzine
November 20, 9:01am

drilling thru saw blades
peter has had the opportunity to drill hundreds of holes thru industrial band saw blades, and yes, cobalt is the way to go. 3/16" is about the best i have been able to do size wise. the issues...

In GEAR » Looking for a 4 ounce folding saw
November 20, 7:06am

Re: Looking for a folding saw around 4 ounces
peter does a bit of trail maint, and has found that loppers make a better tool than a small bow saw. if you are only going to have one tool, a lopper lets you get more done, if what you are doing ...

In GEAR » Looking for a 4 ounce folding saw
November 20, 6:45am

Re: Facemask...15 yard penalty!
for sleeping you can take a silk scarf (very light) that breaths well, fold it in half, sew up one short side and half the long side, and poof .. you have a sweet sleeping head cover. yes, it cover...

In GEAR » Facemask...15 yard penalty!
November 18, 4:01pm

Re: How much do rescues cost?
doesn't SPOT offer some form of coverage ? i think i read they flew some fellow out of Resolute with kidney failure a few years ago v.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How much do rescues cost?
November 18, 10:47am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm