Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hoot Filsinger (filsinger) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Started backpacking in 1968 with my first and only Kelty Pack. Have enjoyed many adventures in Los Padres, Sierra Nevada, Cascades, and coastal hiking in the Pacific Northwest.Colin Fletcher was my mentor in my youth and I now enjoy the kind and knowledgeable folks at BPL.
CityCrescent City
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 151 - 160 of 287 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...29

Forum » Thread

SOLD 2011 HMG Windrider Large/Tall
SOLD pending funds Recently purchased this pack from this link: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=61113 This pack is as ...

In Gear Swap » FS 2011 HMG Windrider Large/Tall
April 08, 1:56pm

Whiteledge, Hurricane Deck, and Paleo circa 1978
Hello Piper, I did this trip with two other friends in March of 1978 and we too were slammed with rain and wind. We were able to keep our upper bodies fairly warm but our legs froze.Every step t...

In Post-Trip Reports » Whiteledge, Hurricane Deck, Lost Valley Trail with paleo food
April 01, 7:39pm

Backcountry hut (plywood) and nordic skiing Rock Creek 1982

In Post-Trip Reports » Backcountry Hut Trip in the Sierras
April 01, 2:35pm

close up tick photo

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Early and big ticks season
April 01, 2:10pm

This may be painful for Ken and other VW drivers

In Chaff » Vehicle of choice.
April 01, 1:32pm

Perspectives change when health is compromised
Hey BPL friends, I rarely post outside of gear swap but felt compelled on this thread. I have worked hard my entire life to raise strong independent children, be a devoted husband, care for my pare...

In Chaff » I have a question....in regards to photo's, thru-hikers, and "seasoned" backpackers.
March 26, 11:22pm

Re: PIF - GSI Pinnacle Soloist Cookset + Zelph Venom Stove (Complete Cookset)
Daniel, PM sent. Bill

In Gear Swap » PIF - GSI Pinnacle Soloist Cookset + Zelph Venom Stove (Complete Cookset)
March 20, 9:30pm

Re: Wtd: Wide Down sleeping bag or overbag
PM sent on a WM Aspen long size.

In Gear Swap » Wtd: Wide Down sleeping bag or overbag
March 14, 3:27pm

Re: WTB: PAC Peak Elite AC
Sent PM for a brand new POE Peak Elite AC (regular size). Bill

In Gear Swap » WTB: PAC Peak Elite AC
March 14, 3:06pm

Re: closet clean out sale, zpacks, MLD, arcteryx, teton fly fishing
email sent on hexamid solo. Bill

In Gear Swap » closet clean out sale, zpacks, MLD, arcteryx, teton fly fishing
March 13, 12:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Bearpaw Wilderness Designs company
John at Bearpaw was terrific to work with. He listened to my needs and designed a cuben fiber structure similar to the cub den but with slight mods to fit my big boy size. He backs his warranty, send...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 27, 12:23am

Saywer Squeeze Filtration System
SP131- Sawyer Squeeze Filter – multiple capacity The NEW Sawyer Squeeze Filter is the lightest and most versatile filtration system on the market. With a total field weight of 3 ounces, it is extr...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
June 03, 7:58pm

Tarptent Contrail
I used the Contrail in the Cascades and was impressed with the design and weight. The bug net paid for itself the first two nights. I stayed dry in light rain and moderate wind and had very little con...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
March 11, 11:48pm