Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Febbo (febbom) - BPL Guest

My Locale Michael Febbo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Febbo has not added a biography yet.
CityDelaware Water Gap
StatePA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Febbo

Showing 151 - 160 of 248 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

walking backwards
About walking backwards- 6 years ago I was finishing a lengthy dayhike when my knees began hurting (kind of a warm, "wet" pain). This was a few months after the initial injury on the Long...

In GEAR » Knee wrap
February 25, 2:42pm

knees
Years ago knee problems took me off the Long Trail half-way through... months of relative rest helped, but I will often use neoprene braces as a preventive. I honestly do not know if they help or i...

In GEAR » Knee wrap
February 25, 10:30am

Someone help the idiot
Huzefa, you are going to have to help me out with your chart- I have no idea how to translate that as a means to deduce the proper down fill for a specific garment. If 9 ounces of 800 fill power...

In GEAR » A New Paradigm for Understanding Garment Warmth
February 23, 10:42am

permafrost
You're right, the materials will add weight- though the Permafrost should be very warm for its weight given its welded box construction, 9 ounces of 800 fill down, and rather thin shell (15 and...

February 21, 11:27pm

fugu really that warm?
Maybe I have just not been following this conversation, but am I the only one who is amazed at the NB Fugu beating the Permafrost, a jacket designed for cold weather climbing? Richard, how are th...

February 21, 10:52pm

test
I'd love to see another softshell/hardshell material test (they did one years ago) that compares the properties of the fabrics used by Patagonia, Montbell, Arcteryx, Rab, Mtn Hardwear, Outdoor ...

In GEAR » BPL tests I'd like to see.....
February 20, 11:37am

bivy
I have used the first generation Lithium with Pertex Quantum inside an Equinox ultralight bivy in similar temperatures (northeast) for up to 3 nights. I use a full length closed cell pad under the ...

In GEAR » Bivy Question
February 09, 2:17pm

Plasti Dip on pack bottom?
My climbing pack has a series of small holes in the bottom along with abrasion wear. Aside from this damage, the pack will likely keep going for a few years, so I'd like to repair this damage. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Plasti Dip on pack bottom?
February 05, 10:23pm

knives
Unless I am mistaken, Mora does not make folding knives, so are you asking who makes a better general utility fixed blade? It seems to me that is akin to asking what the best backpack or softshel...

In GEAR » Benchmade vs. Mora
January 31, 6:26pm

breathability chart
I have not seen any direct comparisons, though I'd imagine someone on this site has the information. Here is what I have: http://www.verber.com/mark/outdoors/gear/breathability.pdf You m...

In GEAR » Polartec v Schoeller v Windstopper article?
January 23, 6:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Febbo

Michael Febbo has posted no reviews.