Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 151 - 160 of 490 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on JRB Stealth Quilt layered w/ WM Highlite
Jim, I received a JRB Hood and Sleeves for Christmas. I intend to use them when it's below freezing. I haven't needed them for typical 3 season use. The hood on your bag is weight you are c...

In GEAR » Thoughts on JRB Stealth Quilt layered w/ WM Highlite
March 14, 2:44pm

Re: Yet more Wonderland Trail pics
Thanks for sharing! Looks like some great family time. Great pictures too!

In Post-Trip Reports » Yet more Wonderland Trail pics
March 14, 12:37pm

Re: Time
I like both ideas, though I didn't notice the time issue because I'm in Colorado. As the activity on the forums has increase I'm using the the Recent Posts feature more frequently. I...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Time
March 14, 10:45am

Re: Re: Looking for a LW Fleece Vest
I'm with the Thermawrap Vest fans on this one. My Montbell Thermawrap Vest (L) weighs 175g (6.2oz) on my scale. I bought it because I thought it would be usable while hiking and for me it has b...

In GEAR » Looking for a LW Fleece Vest
March 14, 10:31am

Re: Re: Thoughts on JRB Stealth Quilt layered w/ WM Highlite
Good point Richard. I haven't layered my quilt over a bag yet. I had anticipated doing this in my hammock where I thought it might work. You don't need as much width in a hammock. Now that ...

March 13, 5:32pm

Re: Thoughts on JRB Stealth Quilt layered w/ WM Highlite
Jim, I'm doing the same thing but from a different angle. I use a JRB No Sniveller for warmer weather camping and a WM Versalite Super for cold weather. I haven't done this yet, but my plan...

March 13, 1:37pm

Re: WTB: hammock sleep gear and UL bag.
Rob, unless you are set on a bag, consider a Jacks R Better quilt. You can also make your own if your so inclined. I use the No Sniveller with my Hennessy Hammock and Love it. I think quilts just w...

In Gear Swap » WTB: hammock sleep gear and UL bag.
March 12, 11:17am

Re: Windshirts -- Breathability vs. Wind Blocking
I own a Montbell U.L. Wind Jacket and the Houdini. I'm guessing my Montbell is similar to the Helios. It isn't very breathable. Both seem to block the wind equally well. The Houdini is defi...

In GEAR » Windshirts -- Breathability vs. Wind Blocking
March 10, 2:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bacpacker Magazine award to Big Sky
Gene, I'm sorry, I was not taking you to task. There was no need to edit your post. I was feeling guilty about my own post and trying to prevent it from hijacking the thread. I hope you don'...

In GEAR » Bacpacker Magazine award to Big Sky
March 08, 6:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Bacpacker Magazine award to Big Sky
Gene, don't take it too hard. BPLRank seems to be all about membership and the amount of participation, not about quality. We've beaten this to death in one of the members only forums. I wi...

In GEAR » Bacpacker Magazine award to Big Sky
March 08, 12:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm