Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tohru Ohnuki (erdferkel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. California
About Me Tohru Ohnuki has not added a biography yet.
CityLos Angeles
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tohru Ohnuki

Showing 151 - 160 of 285 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: updated compilation
"7 out of 10 people report figures in the range from 15 to 20 cal/lb/day." I made a plot:

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
August 05, 5:54pm

Re: Is there any reason to believe the relationship is linear?
"I am, however, skeptical that all calorie use is proportional to body weight. I see no a priori reason to expect a 145# woman, a 145# man, and a 250# man to all need the same number of calori...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
August 03, 10:33am

Re: Measuring out alcohol (fuel)
Good to know. However, I still like having the little 1 oz plastic medication cup I have. It's good for measuring food as well as stove fuel...

In GEAR » Measuring out alcohol (fuel)
August 03, 10:22am

Re: how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
I get lower numbers, but i'm small: 11-14 cal/lb/day. What you should do is get all the responses and plot cal/lb/day versus body weight. I'd be interesting to see the dependence... Usua...

August 02, 3:04pm

Re: Re: Calories
I like the Guererro's branded tortillas over the Mission branded (they're both made by the same company, Gruma) since they have more fat and calories...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Breadlike foods
July 30, 8:20pm

Re: nay on the screw tops
Hmm, that looks like a jar, and it does say not for liquids. I meant one of these: REI link "What does PC stand for?" Probably polycarbonate (Lexan)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Foolproof containers for oily stuff?
July 30, 7:46pm

Re: Sewing machine advice?
For that money you could get a great used machine, made of real metal and would probably last forever! I favor older pre-computerized (1990's) machines that only do straight and zigzag stitches...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing machine advice?
July 30, 2:16pm

Re: Foolproof containers for oily stuff?
+1 on nalgene screw top containers. I've tried other snap lids and what happens is everything looks fine when you load it with butter or whatever. But then it's inside your pack where it...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Foolproof containers for oily stuff?
July 28, 7:28pm

Re: Yer gonna die.
Since you are attempting to use this type of thing as fall arrest and not just body weight support, it's even more severe an application than what CountyComm has to say about this item: IMPO...

In GEAR » Grappling Hooks
July 27, 3:14pm

Re: waterproof paper
If you know someone who has either a dye-sub or color laser printer, those processes make printouts on regular paper that won't run like an inkjet. As long as you don't let the paper get so...

In GEAR » Map printing question
July 26, 5:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Tohru Ohnuki

Tohru Ohnuki has posted no reviews.