BPL Community Profile

Erik Danielsen (er1kksen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Western Door
About Me Living and working between adventures. So far those have included the Andes, the Adirondacks, the nooks and crannies of WNY, and being a not-quite-UL wanderer all over the east coast.
CityFredonia
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListOld Disorganized Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Danielsen

Showing 151 - 160 of 172 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Re: LDPE vs .33oz cuben
Lawson, I did also mention the Mylar tents that were produced prior to the LDPE tents and also did alright. Cuben being essentially mylar plus spectra threads, if one can make mylar work, one shoul...

In GEAR » Cuben fiber
October 18, 3:46pm

Bare hands
Tearing a material with your bare hands involves putting a whole lot of force in opposing directions on a very small area of that material. A properly designed tarp or shelter is made to distribute...

In GEAR » Cuben fiber
October 18, 9:36am

RE: where the trail leads
I also consulted the Plantation House for advice on a trek up there, but the proprieter was both a bit busy and a bit tipsy, so the info I managed to get from him was spotty. He did say something a...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where would you go this winter (anywhere in the world)?
October 18, 7:54am

Colombia
I'd go back to Colombia with the supplies and intent to actually give el Parque Nacional los Nevados a better exploring. This past January on a more general backpacking trip my companion and I ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where would you go this winter (anywhere in the world)?
October 17, 2:24pm

Golite Quilt
I'll echo Dan on the Golite quilt, if you can get a good price on it. I snagged one for $150 in the clymb sale and being a down quilt it's been a revelation for me coming from synthetic sle...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag
October 17, 1:21pm

Did it
Well, I just completed my subscription. Now to review some tarping techniques to use tomorrow night...

In GEAR » BPL Subscription
October 15, 8:07pm

Under $1000?
I'm pretty sure you can do this without too much trouble and get a very good sub-10 lb. setup. Heck, I'm there already and the priciest thing I own is a Golite quilt I spent $150 on. About ...

In GEAR » All new gear kit for only $1000
October 15, 7:55pm

zpacks
You can order custom tarps from zpacks. http://zpacks.com/shelter/tarps.shtml The prices seem very reasonable, so I'm eyeing a 6x9, personally... scroll down and there are a lot of featur...

In GEAR » First post: Tarps
October 15, 1:32pm

Haven't used mine
I detached the lid from my vapor flash and haven't used it after the first couple times I used the pack.

In GEAR » Just purcahsed Granite Gear Vapor Trail - do I need the lid?
October 15, 7:20am

CCF in pack?
I'm pretty sure just about anyone who uses a rolled or folded CCF pad as their packframe fits them into their pack, myself included. Just saying. That said, I'm not sure I see much advan...

In GEAR » winter-worthy NeoAir
October 14, 3:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik Danielsen

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

five ten camp four
I have owned and loved a pair of these and worn them until their current state of having gaping holes in the sides. Observations: great fit, decent support and cushioning (never any sore feet) and...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 10, 7:29am