Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

ed hyatt (edhyatt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The North; UK
About Me ed hyatt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ed hyatt

Showing 151 - 160 of 288 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...29

Forum » Thread

Ortleib snap
I use one of these... http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/ortlieb_snap_digital_camera_protective_case.html I cut off rear Drings and secure to the shoulder strap top and bottom through the...

In GEAR » Carrying your camera
February 18, 2:35pm

back from Whitney Portal
Marcus - thumbs out and we got a lift down to Lone Pine very easily (probably even easier if solo) from WP....lot's of Whitney hikers with only one way to go... Stayed at Lone Pine and got t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vermilion Valley Resort (VVR) "Free" Barrel
February 18, 9:39am

JMT emergency
I did the JMT from the UK. It's a very busy trail with many people around to help you out if you did get into any trouble; so I'd take the light option of nothing.

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT Hike - Emergency planning for Overseas Visitors
February 18, 2:01am

pillow and pad
I use the Montbell and run light elastic from the holes in the MB to some glued-on tabs on my Prolite. Yet to move that system (which works) over to the NeoAir I now use almost exclusively as I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » securing pillow to pad
February 16, 2:31pm

Progress
Evidently they did Nick. But times move on....along with equipment in all it's manifestations (although you might consider them infestations ;-)....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » cell phone-- bringin' it?
February 14, 12:35pm

cell phone
I take one as it satisfies a number of uses (ergo UL ;-)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » cell phone-- bringin' it?
February 14, 10:34am

fuel names
There are already quite a few of these around.. http://fuel.papo-art.com/#tableoffuelnames http://www.mark-ju.net/juliette/meths.htm I like this meths specific one as it mentions taste :-)

In Gear Lists » International fuel names list
February 14, 9:27am

lost
I always lose my photon light before a trip; then I always find it clipped to a hanger in the tent after I've pitched...

In Gear Lists » Oh Man! I forgot my _______ again!
February 14, 6:37am

Permit
We queued up very early for a permit at the Yos Ranger Station; about 04:00 and we were not the first there. About 10 there by the time the station opened - but everyone else wanted half-Dome permi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail first-timer
February 14, 6:34am

brief encounters
Their briefs are great - I even pay the vast price of importing them to the UK!

In GEAR » Exofficio quality.
February 13, 2:52pm

All Reader Reviews by ed hyatt

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montrail Hardrock
I wore these this summer over the very rocky GR20 (Corsica) and the GR5 Alpine (Geneva towards Nice). The pair I used on the GR20 (120 miles) are well worn and cut up; they would probably do the ro...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 12, 2:27am

MoonTrail Customer Service
Very good service and advice from Dan at Moontrail; I was ordering from overseas yet picking up in the USA and Moontrail were really helpful with that. Website is good too - especially the use of e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 20, 8:04am