BPL Community Profile

ed hyatt (edhyatt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The North; UK
About Me ed hyatt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ed hyatt

Showing 151 - 160 of 279 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...28

Forum » Thread

brief encounters
Their briefs are great - I even pay the vast price of importing them to the UK!

In GEAR » Exofficio quality.
February 13, 2:52pm

JMT
You could hire a Bearikade Weekender (should be fine for you) can-wise. You can get a shuttle into Mammoth from Red's Meadows. I backpack solo all the time; and don't find it tedious ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail first-timer
February 12, 10:05am

JMT UK
As Greg mentions altitude might affect you; it certainly hit me quite hard coming from the UK (vexingly my better half was fine ;-) and slowed me down - but then I was also packing quite a lot for ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail first-timer
February 12, 8:24am

Compass? GPS is better.
Economic Left/Right: -6.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21 I'm off to hug a tree ;-)

In Chaff » Where do you lie on the political/moral compass?
February 10, 2:09pm

Trip....
That hit's the spot.

In Post-Trip Reports » Kaweah Basin via Shepherd Pass and Kern Canyon-Sequoia NP 8/19-8/26/2011
February 09, 10:45am

Summerlite
I've owned a Summerlite but found it too chilly for summer UK temperatures (even with extra clothes - which I am not keen on in a bag personally); I also had it when I did the JMT - had, but di...

In GEAR » Two questions about Western Mountaineering bags
February 09, 7:10am

GPS
It is BPL...but I don't see what else can replace something that tells you where you are to 5m in a Scottish blizzard or the mists that cloak this fair land all too frequently. I guess in So...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is GPS All in Our Heads?
February 07, 12:09am

PCT, shelters
Thanks Chaps; useful replies - I think I am glad to hear it's not all Sierra-esque (grandeur aside); I carry poles and have dabbled with tarps.....not really a fine choice for UK conditions tho...

In Pre-Trip Planning » PCT: above treeline camps, food storage
February 07, 12:03am

GPS
I'm in the 'like GPS a lot' camp; and use it for 99% of my 'using things other than my senses' navigation. My GPS is a simple Garmin with an arrow. I'll use it a few time...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is GPS All in Our Heads?
February 06, 10:09am

re. canister.
I imagined that readers would realise that I got the bearcan thing via my reference to the JMT...but.. I'd have struggled pitching something requiring many stakes in places on the JMT; hence...

In Pre-Trip Planning » PCT: above treeline camps, food storage
February 06, 8:40am

All Reader Reviews by ed hyatt

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montrail Hardrock
I wore these this summer over the very rocky GR20 (Corsica) and the GR5 Alpine (Geneva towards Nice). The pair I used on the GR20 (120 miles) are well worn and cut up; they would probably do the ro...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 12, 2:27am

MoonTrail Customer Service
Very good service and advice from Dan at Moontrail; I was ordering from overseas yet picking up in the USA and Moontrail were really helpful with that. Website is good too - especially the use of e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 20, 8:04am