BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 151 - 160 of 7401 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...741

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: Golite Z10 Sleeping Bag
Fixed your photo link. What does it weigh?

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Z10 Sleeping Bag
June 04, 8:35am

Re: Resurrecting this thread from the dead...
That is a day hiking classic, especially for families. I've gone all the way up to Wallace Lake for a ~12 mile jaunt. Those views are a great taste of the Western Cascades. Glad you had a good ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Day hikes in Seattle area?
June 03, 11:21am

Re: Lightweight fleece vest
I use an R1 vest that way. My large weighs 8.0oz. I've used Power Stretch vests that were similar on weight. I don't need much insulation when actually moving unless it is below freezin...

In GEAR » Lightweight fleece vest
June 03, 11:14am

Re: Re: Light clothing gear list. Would love some suggestions!
I hike in the PNW and use a layering system based on synthetic base layers and insulation. You definitely want rain gear. I dial in my base layer to suit the basic temps. Cap2 would be good for...

In GEAR » Light clothing gear list. Would love some list suggestions!
June 03, 10:12am

Re: what is the go to thermal leggings of choice?
There are lots of choices, from silkweight polyester like Capilene 1 and on up to Capilene 4 and R1, or even 200w fleece if you want to get really crazy--- all progressively heavier or course. For ...

In GEAR » what is the go to thermal leggings of choice?
June 01, 8:30pm

FS: CamelBak Octane 18X Hydration Backpack
Sherwin, you should set up your "PM" personal messaging if you want to participate in the forums. I would prefer to not do international shipping on this item. Thanks for your interes...

In Gear Swap » FS: CamelBak Octane 18X Hydration Backpack with 3L Reservoir
May 31, 8:58pm

SOLD: CamelBak Octane 18X Hydration Backpack with 3L Reservoir
SOLD: a used CamelBak Octane 18X hydration backpack in like new condition with a 3 liter reservoir and hose. Black with yellow accents, weighs 24 ounces on my scale. It has a zippered center sectio...

In Gear Swap » FS: CamelBak Octane 18X Hydration Backpack with 3L Reservoir
May 30, 10:10pm

Re: Health effects of boiling water in Plastic bottle
If you have a wide mouth container and build a fire, you can drop hot rocks in it to heat the water. That has it's own hazards with exploding rocks, but ancient folk cooked that way with basket...

In Multiple Use Gear » Disposable water bottle + esbit + rocks = emergency day hiking stove?
May 30, 4:23pm

Re: Re: Plastic bottle
It is great to know the bottle trick if you have no alternatives and even then I would reserve it for purifying drinking water if needed. If is your only water container, melting it in an emerg...

In Multiple Use Gear » Disposable water bottle + esbit + rocks = emergency day hiking stove?
May 30, 4:01pm

Re: Need to choose 2 tents for different circumstances. Please lend me a hand?
I would get a 2 person mid and live with the extra weight for solo. The 4 season part is the hangup. Having some extra room when snow camping is nice anyway. Something like an MLD Duomid and th...

In GEAR » Need to choose 2 tents for different circumstances. Please lend me a hand?
May 30, 12:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.