BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 151 - 160 of 7169 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...717

Forum » Thread

Re: Trails for a broader public
Understood on the funding and organization of the pilgrimage trails in Europe. It is the theme that we lack in the US. There are no historical precedents as there are in Europe and I do find the pr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking and wild camping in Europe: Legal aspects
March 11, 11:57am

Re: durability
There are compromises. If you want light weight, durability is going to drop. The thin softshell-like tops may work better for you, but will climb to the 10-12oz range. Once you're up to a 1...

In GEAR » windshirt with a good waranty or a decent cheap one?
March 11, 10:30am

Re: Re: Re: Re: still --- bible belt?
"Pessimistic much, Dale?" That was the light version :) Don't get me wrong, we have lots of good trails in the US, but with the secular base for government since Day 1, the idea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking and wild camping in Europe: Legal aspects
March 10, 5:50pm

Re: windshirt with a good waranty or a decent cheap one?
Most of the major manufacturers will have a good warranty. Where you buy it will help too. As far as cheap and good, the running brands like Brooks have models that are perfectly useable, b...

In GEAR » windshirt with a good waranty or a decent cheap one?
March 10, 4:38pm

Re: Warbonnet
Nice hammock! I use an undercover with the Hennessy open cell foam pad and space blanket for summer, cloning the Hennessy SuperShelter system. The undercover is like a windshirt for your hammock...

In Hammocks » Warbonnet
March 10, 3:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Shoulder Strap Placement on External Frame Pack
"I stripped the bag off a Jan Sport Scout Frame just to illustrate the shoulder strap attachment points for discussion. It's not a pack I use. Looking at the photo I think it might be a bi...

In GEAR » Shoulder Strap Placement on External Frame Pack
March 10, 1:53pm

Re: Re: still --- bible belt?
I can just see this trail from one flat-roofed Southern Baptist church to another. If you've seen one old church with bad siding, yellow glass windows and smelly carpets, you've seen them a...

March 10, 11:40am

Re: US pilgrimage trail
Without getting into a totally Chaff oriented discussion, I think that the conservative religious sub-cultures in the US wouldn't be walking. Those seeking spiritual quests are probably not fol...

March 10, 9:52am

Re: Does this mean I'm ultralight?
Getting more sophisticated maybe. I'm not one to lean to conspiracy theories, but Backpacker magazine caters to the advertisers I'm afraid. It is a big Recreational Industrial Complex,...

In Philosophy & Technique » Does this mean I'm ultralight?
March 10, 7:50am

Re: First Lightweight Pack Purchase - which to buy?
"My base pack weight is now just under 15lbs. I could drop it a few more pounds but I like having a few luxury items and I don't plan to do a thru hike anytime soon. I do plan to do some l...

In GEAR » First Lightweight Pack Purchase - which to buy?
March 10, 7:31am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.