BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 151 - 160 of 7526 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...753

Forum » Thread

Re: hikin' and bikin'
The cross-over in gear is great. My wife a daughter did a quick overnight trip in the San Juan Islands (Lopez). My first insight was that sleeping bags eat pannier space. My front basket is perfect...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Spring and summer bike adventures
July 22, 10:38am

Spring and summer bike adventures
My wife has a Jamis commuter bike supplied by her employer as a parking and state clean air law incentive. I've always had a thrift store/yard sale beater bike around, but never really got into...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Spring and summer bike adventures
July 22, 9:06am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 10 "Essentials"
Spare clothing simply means your typical layering. For me, on a warm summer day hike, that means a light vest, a beanie, some liner gloves--- just enough for warmth overnight to layer up with my w...

In GEAR » 10 "Essentials"
July 22, 8:30am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 10 "Essentials"
Spelt wrote, "Dale, I gave you credit for knowing the environment YOU need to prepare for, and I'd hoped for the same in return, but this being your hobbyhorse I'm not surprised."...

July 22, 1:56am

Re: More foam pads
Yup, RidgeRest or Gossamer Gear. If you find a deal on a long one, trim to suit and use the leftover for a sit pad. Closed cell is great for something like napping on a rocky river bank that would ...

In GEAR » Suggest a foam pad!
July 22, 1:44am

SOLD: Stick It Grandoe Heavy Duty Gauntlet Mittens with Fleece Glove Liners, Large
SOLD to JB: I found these while setting up for my garage sale and should pass them on to get used. I bought them used myself, but they are in nearly new condition. They have a Cordua style shell wi...

In Gear Swap » FS: Stick It Grandoe Heavy Duty Gaunlet Mittens with Fleece Glove Liners, Large
July 21, 4:02pm

Re: Re: Re: 10 "Essentials"
Spelt! wrote, "Where I hike it is hard to be more than 5 miles or so from a road, and even country roads are far from deserted. Nor is the weather as extreme as others have to deal with. So wh...

July 21, 1:34pm

FS: Katadyn Filter Bottles Micro and Exstream
For sale: two Katadyn filter bottles one Micro and one Exstream. I do not know how much they have been used. Now $15 (was $20) for the pair including US shipping and PayPal fees.

In Gear Swap » FS: Katadyn Filter Bottles Micro and Exstream
July 21, 12:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why not a hammock?
Jerry asked, "Do you have to sleep on your back? Can you sleep on your side or stomach?" There is a misconception that you sleep in a hammock "fore and aft" like a big banana...

In Philosophy & Technique » People who don't enjoy camping
July 21, 7:56am

Re: Re: Re: Re: why not a hammock?
Roger opined, "Bit hard using a hammock with my wife at 3,000 m in the snow in bad weather... Cheers" I think that just reinforces my case for hammocks being civilized :) You do...

In Philosophy & Technique » People who don't enjoy camping
July 21, 7:46am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.