BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 151 - 160 of 7530 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...753

Forum » Thread

Re: How gross is it to you when people put their fingers in their...
I think we are becoming civilized past our intelligence. This is like soap electric dispensers sold as beneficial because you don't have to touch the dispenser. That doesn't say much for th...

In GEAR » How gross is it to you when people put their fingers in their...
July 22, 4:47pm

Re: New Hammock Company, Made in USA, 5.2oz Single Hammock
It's too small for anyone 5'8" or taller I think. 10'x5' is more like it, minimum. Their Single+ version is a much better option. The issue with 1.1oz ripstop is stretch and co...

In GEAR » New Hammock Company, Made in USA, 5.2oz Single Hammock
July 22, 2:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Origin8 basket
There are lots of baskets that brace to the fork braze-ons or the axle skewer and legions of front racks for cargo or panniers. You still need to keep the weight sensible. A couple panniers could e...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Spring and summer bike adventures
July 22, 1:14pm

Re: Origin8 basket
Greg asked, " I can't tell looking at your photo or the Origin8 site... Is the stem the only thing that grips and stabilizes the front bars/rack/basket, or is there a widget somewhere...

July 22, 12:02pm

Re: hikin' and bikin'
The cross-over in gear is great. My wife a daughter did a quick overnight trip in the San Juan Islands (Lopez). My first insight was that sleeping bags eat pannier space. My front basket is perfect...

July 22, 10:38am

Spring and summer bike adventures
My wife has a Jamis commuter bike supplied by her employer as a parking and state clean air law incentive. I've always had a thrift store/yard sale beater bike around, but never really got into...

July 22, 9:06am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 10 "Essentials"
Spare clothing simply means your typical layering. For me, on a warm summer day hike, that means a light vest, a beanie, some liner gloves--- just enough for warmth overnight to layer up with my w...

In GEAR » 10 "Essentials"
July 22, 8:30am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 10 "Essentials"
Spelt wrote, "Dale, I gave you credit for knowing the environment YOU need to prepare for, and I'd hoped for the same in return, but this being your hobbyhorse I'm not surprised."...

In GEAR » 10 "Essentials"
July 22, 1:56am

Re: More foam pads
Yup, RidgeRest or Gossamer Gear. If you find a deal on a long one, trim to suit and use the leftover for a sit pad. Closed cell is great for something like napping on a rocky river bank that would ...

In GEAR » Suggest a foam pad!
July 22, 1:44am

SOLD: Stick It Grandoe Heavy Duty Gauntlet Mittens with Fleece Glove Liners, Large
SOLD to JB: I found these while setting up for my garage sale and should pass them on to get used. I bought them used myself, but they are in nearly new condition. They have a Cordua style shell wi...

In Gear Swap » FS: Stick It Grandoe Heavy Duty Gaunlet Mittens with Fleece Glove Liners, Large
July 21, 4:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.