Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 151 - 160 of 7772 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...778

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: but what about guys who don't wanna go?
Easy! Be forwarned that they aren't into ultralight gear :)

In Philosophy & Technique » Why do male adventurers not take their female partners along?
January 09, 8:45pm

Re: no Shower?
Never got the shower thing. It is so simple to take a sponge bath and keep clean anywhere when traveling, be it 20 miles from the road or in a cheap hotel room with just a sink. This whole discu...

In Philosophy & Technique » Why do male adventurers not take their female partners along?
January 09, 3:40pm

Re: 72 Hours in Seattle
If you thought Seattle was quirky, the Peoples Republic of Portland will really put you over the edge :) Vancouver BC is another great PNW city to visit. It is cold/wet/dark here in the winter....

In Chaff » 72 Hours in Seattle
January 09, 1:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Why do male adventurers not take their female partners along?
Beacause its supposed to be recreation? :) My wife is an accomplished backpacker, kayaker, skier, and cyclist. My main issue is keeping up with her :) I wouldnt expect people to change their...

January 09, 12:22pm

Re: Re jacket
Do a google search on rain gear fabrics to get it all, but the "2.5" refers to the fabric layers and that is a typical lightweight rain shell construction. One layer being the nylon shel...

In GEAR » Outer shell for son
January 08, 2:53pm

Re: Outer shell for son
Marmot Precip comes to mind. The shell over down for active use may be overkill unless you are in very cold conditions (which won't be wet). The down/shell combo would be fine for rest stops an...

In GEAR » Outer shell for son
January 08, 1:59pm

Re: What is the best lightweight synthetic parka to buy and why?
There are many feature sets, shell fabric and fill types. I got a Cabela Primaloft jacket last month for $35 that works great for me. You could easily spend $200+ as well. Things to consider: ...

In GEAR » What is the best lightweight synthetic parka to buy and why?
January 07, 3:49pm

Re: non running
I would rather walk or ride my bike all day than run for 15 minutes. When I feel like running, I sit down until the feeling passes :)

In GEAR » Old Guys Backpacking
January 07, 2:36pm

Re: Soooo, I need a job.....
Keep buying those lottery tickets and then you'll have the time to use the gear. If you have the job to buy the gear, you don't have the time. Keep your overhead low :)

In GEAR » Soooo, I need a job.....
January 06, 6:30pm

Re: IKEA sit pad
The price is right. I use a Thermarest Z Seat, but only because I got it at a yard sale for $2. I too use it to supplement my sleeping pad. It can help as a wind screen for cooking and a makeshift ...

In GEAR » IKEA sit pad
January 06, 6:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.