Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 151 - 160 of 8192 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...820

Forum » Thread

Re: FS
Or leave it off and get a "free" bump? While we're being picky, put the gender/size/color in the title too. [Exit BG mode]

In Gear Swap » Used 1 Time - Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter - $35 Shipped
July 03, 9:04pm

Re: Re: Gear damage - suggestions please
"As the owner of a curious cockatoo, I don't think I own anything without holes similar to that in it. My trekking umbrella looks a lot like your pole handles." Don't get mad...

In GEAR » Gear damage - suggestions please
July 03, 12:57pm

Re: Lightweight Tripod - Yes I said Lightweight Tripod
That Velbon V-Pod looks pretty good for the weight. I've seen a lot of junk in that size/weight, most of it Big Box store offerings. I have a low opinion of tripods with legs like the page ...

In GEAR » Lightweight Tripod - Yes I said Lightweight Tripod
July 03, 12:10pm

Re: Damage
Yeah-- just stitch up the holes in the mesh if it looks like it will spread. You can get new handles if they are Black Diamond. Shoe Goo was my first thought. Maybe sand them smooth. Stuff happens.

In GEAR » Gear damage - suggestions please
July 03, 9:42am

Re: Horse Palpation Gloves
Better known as Amish mechanic's gloves :)

In GEAR » Gatewood cape - arm rain coverage?
July 03, 9:31am

Re: lighter gear list
I like hammocks too, but the total is heavy. There are lighter options or, God help you, sleep on the ground :( 1 Pack RAIN cover, ULA 3.0 <--- use a trash compactor bag or turkey roaster bag...

In Gear Lists » Cannot seem to lighten up, but maybe if it carries well..
July 03, 9:27am

Re: Gatewood cape - arm rain coverage?
"Seriously, for anyone with rainwear that leaves arms uncovered, what do you do?" Given that the Gatewood is really a prime season shelter, wear a windshirt and/or tough it out. I'...

In GEAR » Gatewood cape - arm rain coverage?
July 02, 9:09pm

Re: Why few freestanding Cuben Tents?
Weight, complexity, expense, durability and fiddle-factor. That and the fact that most free-standing tents are only free-standing to the point that they will stand up with the poles inserted, but i...

In GEAR » Why few freestanding Cuben Tents?
July 02, 4:08pm

Re: Re: Re: High likely hood of rain. What rain shell would you carry?
Warm and wet? Umbrella!

In GEAR » High likely hood of rain. What rain shell would you carry?
July 01, 8:44pm

Light merino sweaters for hiking mid-layers?
There is a lot of credence given merino wool hiking garments from the likes of Smartwool and Icebreakers, but I've seen plenty of high quality merino sweaters in thrift stores and I've wond...

In GEAR » Light merino sweaters for hiking mid-layers?
July 01, 8:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.