Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 151 - 160 of 8058 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...806

Forum » Thread

Re: Polish the "bowl" on ti spoon?
polished [pol-isht] adjective 1.made smooth and glossy: a figurine of polished mahogany.

In GEAR » Polish the "bowl" on ti spoon?
May 14, 3:37pm

Re: First trip out west
Yup, wide open spaces and critters sounds like Yellowstone, Glacier, Bob Marshall. The North Cascades, Pasayten Wilderness and Olympics come to mind, but not for the classic western big critter...

In Pre-Trip Planning » First trip out west
May 14, 9:31am

Re: FIRE and the 3 P's
NM-- thought I was in the Gear thread.

In Gear Deals » FIRE and the 3 P's
May 14, 9:21am

Re: Re: Re: efficacy of bear spray
"Predators pick up on behavioral cues, and probably even olfactory ones emitted unintentionally when we're afraid." Yeah, like a sudden need for clean undershorts!

In GEAR » Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
May 13, 10:38pm

Re: Big Agnes Kings Canyon Quilt
I got a chance to try the quilt at 50f in a tent, with it loose on top of a thick pad and wearing a long sleeve base layer top, hiking shorts and barefoot. I was comfortable all night. With a pad ...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Kings Canyon Quilt
May 13, 2:41pm

Re: Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
We get a rogue black bear in Washington once in a very rare while. Bear cans are required in the National Parks and I always hang my food and smellies. Bear bells are an okay idea and may avoid sow...

In GEAR » Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
May 13, 2:31pm

Re: Beanie - merino vs fleece?
Cap4 for light weight, compact stowing, wicking and breathabilty. I don't cold camp much and I think that is the question. If you're doing high altitude and winter stuff, a heavier but ...

In GEAR » Beanie - merino vs fleece?
May 09, 9:13am

Re: polish
400 grit? Smoothed, yes and you could go 600 grit or even finer, but polished means you should be able to see yourself. There are such Ti spoons and sporks available.

May 08, 9:42pm

Re: Polish the "bowl" on ti spoon?
You need a bench style buffing wheel and compound. Easy? If you like standing at the bench for an hour or so. A cheap 6" bench buffer is about $40 and a few dollars more for compound. That and...

May 08, 8:27pm

Re: Never buying from REI again
To compare, I bought my son an OR jacket years ago and the zipper broke. The jacket was heavily worn other than that. I got an RA from OR, took it into the company store in Seattle and walked out w...

In GEAR » Never buying from REI again
May 07, 10:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.