Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kyle Purcell (dufus934) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me I'm a Bible believing follower of Christ. I've been backpacking for about 15 years now. A few of things that I'm really interested in are making my own gear, survival techniques and gear. I have a lot of questions and a few answers.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.uriahthevagabond.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Purcell

Showing 151 - 160 of 174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: cheap and simple stove!
Mark, When I made this, I got the crimping by dialating the can so they would fit together correctly, but then I just pushed the can in a little farther til the bottom section of can caused...

In Make Your Own Gear » cheap and simple stove!
October 30, 2:35pm

Re: Re: cheap and simple stove!
Mark, For a long time i had that same problem. I couldn't get past it and i know how frusterating it is. The can opener i have now is made by sunbeam (or something like that, it is re...

October 28, 10:03pm

looking for simple backpack directions.
Finished the shelter (pics coming soon). So, now i'm looking of an easy pack. I have plenty of fabric and this is the next project to undertake. Backpack patterns post here. (i have already...

In Make Your Own Gear » looking for simple backpack directions.
October 27, 10:41pm

Re: Re: Re: From $10 of walmart silnylon!
Did you make that pack also (I assume you did), and if so, could have you thought of posting the pattern or other instructions? That would be great. Thanks!

In Make Your Own Gear » From $10 of walmart silnylon!
October 27, 10:36pm

Re: Re: Hand/Feet Warmers
Just wondering if anyone knew the chemical reaction to the hand warmers. Maybe tried a few experiments at home. Guess not. The down booties might be good though.

In Make Your Own Gear » Home Made Hand/Feet Warmers
October 27, 11:47am

warm but not as fun.
You're probably right steve. That would be more practical, but it just sounded like a fun "seasonal" project. Although not very practical i guess.

October 26, 4:56pm

Home Made Hand/Feet Warmers
As it is getting colder, I am reminded how cold my fingers and toes get (I'm slightly anemic). I'm sure everyone was happy about getting a new "recipe" for home made hand warmers...

October 25, 7:58pm

Thoughts on Marmot DriClime
I've been looking at Marmot's DriClime Windshirt/Jacket (two different garmets), and I still can't figure out which one I would want. I have talked to a couple of Marmot reps and they ...

In GEAR » Thoughts on Marmot DriClime
October 25, 7:36pm

cheap and simple stove!
This is a cheap and easy pot that I made more or less out of left overs. The only thing that wasn't a scrap piece was the stove base (which i had to cut off of a fresh can). You can easily ma...

October 23, 9:35pm

Re: Re: HEET and Iso
Mark, The stove just naturally did that. if you're talking about the pics on flickr, i think the jets went together because it was so huge and it just came together. I did try the 50/...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished Stove, but problems.
October 23, 4:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Purcell

Kyle Purcell has posted no reviews.