BPL Community Profile

M G (drown) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Shenandoah
About Me Climber. caver. Cartographer. Have hiked, caved, climbed and mapped in Asia, N. & S. America.

Currently planning on 8 days in the upper Kern September 2014.A desert SW trip in May, ski touring in the Canadian Rockies in April and Costa Rican volcanoes in Feb.
CityWashington
StateDC
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M G

Showing 151 - 160 of 570 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...57

Forum » Thread

Re: sold
Pending payment

In Gear Swap » FS: EE Revelation X, 20F 2013 version
February 10, 6:49pm

Re: Greg Mihalik to the rescue
Thank you, was wondering the same thing.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Search-ability on BPL has been compromized - Why? and why no announcement?
February 06, 9:38pm

Re: Two SE guys + JMT + 70miles = ?
Ryan, Also check on the HIgh Sierra Topix site. Looks of good advice and reports there. If you tell where you are coming from and if you want to access via the East Side or West Side that ma...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Two SE guys + JMT + 70miles = ?
February 06, 9:37pm

Fuel
Most of my long/interesting/rewarding trips require plane travel. An important part of trip planning for me is tranportation logistics upon arrival at destination. That usually includes a grocery s...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pre-trip Planning
February 04, 10:14pm

Bump price drop
200$

February 04, 10:02pm

Re: Re: Weekend Sierra backpacking trip suggestions
+1 on Pantilat great annotated summit panos

In Winter Hiking » Weekend Sierra backpacking trip suggestions
February 04, 5:13am

Bob Open partners
I'd be interested in partnering with someone for a pedestrian (no raft) route.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2014 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open: Marias Pass to Monture Creek
February 03, 2:49pm

Re: Taking care of gear
A $300 pack described by the manufacturer as designed for "climbing" should be able to withstand moderate abrasion with granite regardless of the care. It comes with the territory. Other...

In GEAR » Anyone used the same piece of cuben gear for more than one thru-hike?
February 02, 7:19pm

Re: Anyone used the same piece of cuben gear for more than one thru-hike?
My experience with a cuben pack is that near abrasive rock such as Granite it requires too much attention and care. After about 15 days ( about half off trail) in the Sierras my HMG pack was very b...

In GEAR » Anyone used the same piece of cuben gear for more than one thru-hike?
February 02, 6:25pm

Re: Re: What's in it?
Thanks Jennifer. I could not recall nor lookup either of these things. According to my fall spreadsheet weight was 26.5 OZ including straps. Stuffsack and storage sack are included but not at that ...

February 01, 3:40pm

All Reader Reviews by M G

M G has posted no reviews.