Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 151 - 160 of 399 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...40

Forum » Thread

occupy + tea party = positive change
This would actually bring about the change that most are wishing for. Rid the gov't of corrupt politicians and bring about accountability with the "cheaters", both in the private sect...

In Chaff » Editorial on Occupy Wall Street
November 23, 7:45am

WOW - I like it
"now that's funny right there - I don't care who you are !! " -Larry the Cable Guy Dave

In Chaff » Editorial on Occupy Wall Street
November 22, 2:11pm

skip the platy
Hi Brice, I would skip the hanging platy idea and keep it simple. Old school nalgene upside down in an insulated carrier. Ice will form at the top (really the bottom if inverted) where the air m...

In GEAR » lightweight idea for keeping water from freezing while hiking
November 22, 1:57pm

knowledge
Going to REi with a knowledgable hiking buddy is the best advise I can give. Knowledge and skills will be the best way to safely go ultralight. Conditions and hiking style will dictate what you ...

In GEAR » 10 things not to buy for backpacking
November 18, 6:56pm

I'm down with that
Thanks for all of the information about down. It makes sence to me now - loft and choice of where you wear the garment in relation to your layering system. Can old and tired synthetic jackets b...

In Make Your Own Gear » dumb down question may cause downageddon
November 17, 1:53pm

restoring loft
Bob, how do you restore loft? I was told that garmnet insulation degrades over time? Is this true? Am I making this too hard? Thanks Dave

November 16, 10:35am

blown insulation
Thanks for the links, I like the thermoball Idea. Now we just need a mini insulation blowing devise to insert it into our old tired jackets and coats that we all paid megabucks for. My origi...

November 16, 8:53am

synthetic insulation debate
I need help settling a debate with a hiking buddy of mine. All of my insulating garments have primaloft as their primary insulation. He asserts that Polarguard is a much superior insulation. I have...

In Make Your Own Gear » synthetic insulation debate
November 16, 8:43am

dumb down question may cause downageddon
OK, to start - My knowledge of "down" related clothing and gear is minimal. I have stayed away from it because of its problems with moisture. Has anyone thought of or experimented with a ...

November 15, 10:49pm

re:Waterproof socks"
I've used the sealskins and found them to be very comfortable. The make a crew and over the calf style. Dave

In GEAR » Waterproof socks
November 09, 8:52pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am