Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 151 - 160 of 905 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...91

Forum » Thread

Re: Concern of scorpions, etc?
My next door neighbors cowboy camped in the Grand Canyon in a drive-in campground several years back. The second night it rained hard, so they moved underneath their picnic table. One of them was...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Fly needed in GCNP in late May?
April 22, 11:23am

Re: RE: Re: tetanus
+1 on the vaccine! I should have said that...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I probably have Giardia.. and it's no fun :-(
April 21, 7:08pm

Re: tetanus
Did you read the same article I did, Greg? It had that picture too... "Clostridium tetani is the causative agent of tetanus. ... Carrier rates in humans vary from 0 to 25%, and the organis...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I probably have Giardia.. and it's no fun :-(
April 21, 5:33pm

Re: Re: Re: name confusion
Dingleberry Lake has to be my very most favorite name in the Sierra, though. :)

In Pre-Trip Planning » Name confusion
April 20, 2:05pm

Re: Hygiene
Jim, I'd be interested in reading those studies if you can list them, and where they might be found.

April 20, 2:34am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: I probably have Giardia.. and it's no fun :-(
I was guessing bile duct; that sounds like a terrible ordeal for your friend. I'm glad to hear that things turned out well in the end - whew!

April 18, 3:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: I probably have Giardia.. and it's no fun :-(
Getting any microorganism in a normally sterile site (blood, bladder, spinal fluid, etc.) is indeed very bad. But the GI tract is not normally sterile; we have a varied population of normal flora,...

April 18, 2:31pm

Re: ostomy
A friend of ours had much of his urinary tract removed due to cancer and had a stoma created which attached to a bag for urine output. His main issue with backpacking ended up being how to have th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking with ostomy issues
April 13, 3:25pm

Re: Re: NanoSeeUm? No thanks.
Roger - two different products. NoSeeUm: 0.96 oz/square yard (or 0.87 oz for lighter version from Quest), doesn't snag NanoSeeUm: 0.7 oz/square yard, snags, makes Kat unhappy! Kat - any ...

In Make Your Own Gear » NanoSeeUm? No thanks.
March 31, 4:46pm

Re: NeoAir Noise
It bothered me in the store, but I have never really noticed it when sleeping. My significant other, on the other hand, did mention the noise of my Xlite (when I was on it).

In GEAR » NeoAir Noise
March 26, 2:33pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm