BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 151 - 160 of 874 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...88

Forum » Thread

Re: Dehydrated Feta?
We've dehydrated tomatoes in our machine, and yes, they have the flavor of sundried ones. I would use good fresh heirloom type ones, not bland supermarket tomatoes, though. Part of the flavo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrated Feta?
March 06, 3:53pm

Re: Re: zipper on side
But I find it so difficult to fit all ten fingers, even my ladylike ones, onto my phone screen, not to mention it's really hard to feel the ridges between the keys...I can only imagine how tou...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pattern for MYOG Hip Belt Pocket/Pouch?
March 05, 5:45pm

Re: pattern
"I wish I had a pattern/pictorial guide for making the pockets with the zippers on the side like the ones Chris Zimmer makes." Looks to me that if you followed the method you outlined,...

March 05, 1:59pm

Re: Re: Las Vegas Hikes - Zion Narrows?
We did the Narrows as a day hike a few years ago, and went up Orderville a short ways towards the end. I wish we'd had the time to go further up Orderville. It was really lovely - I think tha...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Las Vegas Hikes
March 05, 11:16am

Re: changing gear.
I definitely fall prey to the allure of new stuff, especially when I can't get out and hike (either because of work schedule or plantar fasciitis). I have a little less lust for some categorie...

In GEAR » Can't stop changing gear?
March 05, 11:07am

Re: Pouches
After reading the above directions, a third way occurs to me: Install a zipper between two strips of material, say 6" x 1.5" (or wider, depending on how thick you want the pocket to be...

March 05, 10:49am

Re: Pattern for MYOG Hip Belt Pocket/Pouch?
Or - if you find a nice little lightweight zippered pouch in a thrift store or dollar store, just sew a wide webbing strip (or a couple of narrow ones) vertically on the back side to run your hip b...

March 04, 8:44pm

Re: FS Bearikade Weekender
PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS Bearikade Weekender
March 02, 12:05pm

Re: Forget the schnozzle
"using a regular garden variety garbage can pack liner to blow up an air pad" I like that concept...will have to try it on my Xtherm! [edit: two rounds with a kitchen size bag fille...

In Multiple Use Gear » Schnozzle schmozzle
February 28, 11:12am

Re: Sea to summit
"Made from some new 15D mesh, whatever that is" Hexagonal mesh? sounds like tulle to me.

In GEAR » Longer head net suggestions please
February 26, 9:25pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm