BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 151 - 160 of 657 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...66

Forum » Thread

Mid-October Trip suggestions (without a revolver)
Well, the word revolver might elicit a response or two to the original missive. Does anyone have a suggestion or two as to a good place in the west to go backpacking in mid-October. I realize it...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mid-October Trip suggestions
September 23, 3:01pm

Mid-October Trip suggestions
Hello friends - Oh, how plans change. I am hoping to hear from people regarding suggestions for a mid-October backpacking trip that lasts from 3-5 days somewhere in California, Arizona or Utah....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mid-October Trip suggestions
September 22, 10:48am

Thru-hiking vs. the world
I have to agree with Rainier, re-entry into regular society is the toughest aspect about thru-hiking. The fact is that thru-hiking is rather stress free compared to everyday living. There are fewer...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking versus Thru-hiking
September 21, 11:20pm

FBI seeks Papa Smurf and other AT hikers
The FBI seeks hikers who may have known a hiker found dead on the AT. It should be noted that the FBI has reason to believe that these hikers may have had contact with Scott Lilly, a hiker fou...

In On the Web » FBI seeks Papa Smurf and other AT hikers
September 02, 4:11pm

Re: PNW shelter
A big +1 to Dale's comments. The shoulders seasons last a while up here, and moisture accumulation is the big issue. Like Dale said it can rain for days on end, often a steady drizzle, rathe...

In GEAR » Yet Another Shelter Selection Thread
September 02, 3:40pm

That's fast
Nothing but admiration for those of you who rack up the miles day in and day out. In 2009, I was passed by your two in the Sierra and I recall upon hearing that the record had been broken that I wa...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bink continues on @ record pace
September 01, 8:50pm

Re: Solo Wilderness Security
I commend people for keeping this thread civil. Here are a couple of studies that address injuries and fatalities in the outdoors. Neither study is all-encompassing, but basically backs up what...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 31, 2:44am

Congratulations!
Greg - Wow! Very impressed by your speed and your base weight. Hope you enjoyed the experience. Am curious to hear what you considered the highlight of your travels. How many zeros did you throw...

In Post-Trip Reports » PCT Complete
August 29, 10:02pm

Travis and Eugene, thank you!
Those looks like great places! I will check with my brother and see what he is hoping to do! Much appreciated. Both have their distinct advantages. How's the water situation ine each?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Southwest backpacking fall trip suggestions
August 28, 5:12pm

Southwest backpacking fall trip suggestions
Hello all - Considering a fall trip either this year or next (likely in the second half of September) to somewhere in Utah or Arizona (although I am open to other suggestions). The questions ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Southwest backpacking fall trip suggestions
August 27, 11:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.