BPL Community Profile

Danny Milks (dannymilks) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sierras
About Me After having worked for four years at UC Davis Outdoor Adventures (as an assistant manager and guide) and two years at Shasta Mountain Guides (as a guide), my wife and I have decided it's time for a change. We got rid of everything we owned and are now in the midst of a multi-year world travel. We are mostly interested in healthy food and backpacking in all of the great mountain ranges. When we had a "home" we enjoyed cycling, backcountry skiing, running, and gardening.
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://trektogether.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Danny Milks

Showing 151 - 160 of 221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

FS: Unused Bear Pepper Spray - UDAP 7.9oz / 225g
We just finished a short trip to Glacier N.P. and carried around these canisters of bear spray. We don't need them anymore. Our loss is your gain! Details: - UDAP 7.9 ounce (225 g)spray sh...

In Gear Swap » FS: Unused Bear Pepper Spray - UDAP 7.9oz / 225g
July 27, 5:14pm

Fantastic
Wow, this SOTMR is amazing. Thank you Janet and Will for bringing us this incredible series of articles.

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011
Part 2B – Technical Evaluation – Measurement of Pack Load Carrying Capacity

June 29, 8:02am

Great Review as Usual
Thanks for the great concise review Will. It is interesting to see EB extending their line of high quality, good value outdoor clothing. Rab is also releasing baselayers with the same fabric and...

In Editor's Roundtable » Eddie Bauer First Ascent Expedition Weight Baselayers Review
June 28, 5:22pm

Re: Re: Kit List
Anna - thank you for posting the link to our first article, which shows our initial gear list. Tom - Our follow-up article in the Global Test Series was just published.The final kit list is inc...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tall Tales from Colca Canyon, Peru: Global Test Photo Essay
May 17, 1:13am

Re: double rainbow
Hi Ben, Thanks for the note. Overall, we were really happy with the Double Rainbow. It was the best all-conditions tent, but not necessarily the best tent for every single condition. It was roo...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Global Test Part II: Evaluating System Efficiency for a Round-the-World Journey
May 16, 5:44pm

Re: clothes
Hey Claudio, Yes, this list is everything that we had. We usually left several items at a hostel when we went backpacking in the wilderness. The only items we had multiples of were underwear ...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Global Test Part II: Evaluating System Efficiency for a Round-the-World Journey
May 14, 4:24pm

Re: the journey
Hi Michael, Thanks for the note. Unless your plans are already set, I would highly recommend Colombia. Certainly there are precautions to be taken there, but it is a beautiful country with v...

May 11, 5:29pm

Re: Global Test
Hi John - Thanks for the wonderful note. When I look back at some of the difficult, uncomfortable, and plain ugly situations that we've been in, I think we'll enjoy this trip more when it i...

May 11, 5:01pm

Re: RE: The Global Test Part II: Evaluating System Efficiency for a Round-the-World Journey.. thanks.
Hi Scott - thanks for the comments and questions. Hopefully my answers are helpful. I'm sure some other readers can chime in with their own advice. >>Great articles. You guys are doin...

May 11, 4:56pm

Re: "The Global Test Part II: Evaluating System Efficiency for a Round-the-World Journey"
Hi John - I have the size small GG hipbelt pockets and they are plenty big! I could fit 5-6 clif bars in each pocket. The larger size pockets would also fit, but I don't see the need for that e...

May 11, 4:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Danny Milks

Danny Milks has posted no reviews.