Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 151 - 160 of 263 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Re: Lightweight Scouting Dissertation
Looks like a lot of work went into that. Nicely done. If you edit it further, it would be nice to include more pictures. Seems like the Scouts always respond well to photos, especially if they a...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Lightweight Scouting Dissertation
January 09, 3:05pm

Re: Re: Re: New Backpacker - 30 miles?
I'm interested to hear his report also. I've never been hiking in that area, but have read some PCT trip reports and some of the trail around that area sounds pretty steep with some signifi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Backpacker - 30 miles?
January 09, 2:50pm

Re: suggestions and thoughts
Nick, Looking at your sleeping kit, I assume the liner you have listed is a fleece liner or something similar? IMO a 35 degree bag is not warm enough unless you have some really warm sleep clothes...

In Gear Lists » Check out my August 2012 Philmont Gear list.
January 09, 12:58pm

mini biners
Nice find. Just placed my order. Thanks!

In Gear Deals » Mini Biners 10Pack $10.00
January 07, 12:16pm

Philmont - going light
Tom, Excellent article and photos. It's hard to believe it's been 3 1/2 years since I went with my oldest son. I'm fortunate to be able to go back this coming summer with my youngest s...

In Editor's Roundtable » Philmont Redux: A Returning Scouter’s Report
January 05, 3:16pm

Philmont requirement for 'enclosed tents"
We're headed back to Philmont in June with a new batch of boys. Several of them need lighter tent options. Obviously your ranger allowed the floorless shelters even though they do not offic...

In Philmont » Philmont Crew Tents
January 04, 7:15am

Camp Stool
Nice work. I've wondered for a while why no one offered a cuben/carbon fiber tri leg camp stool. Great execution! :)

In GEAR » Cricket door, camp stool, just because....
June 07, 9:29pm

Group Stoves
I agree with the others on the Windpro stoves and the Open Country 4 qt pots. We've used that combination on group outings with 12 people and it worked well. Reasonably light and efficient fo...

In GEAR » Group stoves
June 01, 12:57pm

McHale Pack
Nick, I got a McHale pack for some of the very reasons you are looking into them. I have a number of packs, all except the McHale would be considered lightweight (even a Zpack Blast cuben fiber pa...

In GEAR » McHale Packs -- Observations & Comments
September 28, 4:06pm

Re: Joe Valesko Cuben Fiber Tarp
pm sent

In Gear Swap » Joe Valesko Cuben Fiber Tarp
August 03, 11:31am

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm