BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 151 - 160 of 260 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

mini biners
Nice find. Just placed my order. Thanks!

In Gear Deals » Mini Biners 10Pack $10.00
January 07, 12:16pm

Philmont - going light
Tom, Excellent article and photos. It's hard to believe it's been 3 1/2 years since I went with my oldest son. I'm fortunate to be able to go back this coming summer with my youngest s...

In Editor's Roundtable » Philmont Redux: A Returning Scouter’s Report
January 05, 3:16pm

Philmont requirement for 'enclosed tents"
We're headed back to Philmont in June with a new batch of boys. Several of them need lighter tent options. Obviously your ranger allowed the floorless shelters even though they do not offic...

In Philmont » Philmont Crew Tents
January 04, 7:15am

Camp Stool
Nice work. I've wondered for a while why no one offered a cuben/carbon fiber tri leg camp stool. Great execution! :)

In GEAR » Cricket door, camp stool, just because....
June 07, 9:29pm

Group Stoves
I agree with the others on the Windpro stoves and the Open Country 4 qt pots. We've used that combination on group outings with 12 people and it worked well. Reasonably light and efficient fo...

In GEAR » Group stoves
June 01, 12:57pm

McHale Pack
Nick, I got a McHale pack for some of the very reasons you are looking into them. I have a number of packs, all except the McHale would be considered lightweight (even a Zpack Blast cuben fiber pa...

In GEAR » McHale Packs -- Observations & Comments
September 28, 4:06pm

Re: Joe Valesko Cuben Fiber Tarp
pm sent

In Gear Swap » Joe Valesko Cuben Fiber Tarp
August 03, 11:31am

Water Treatment
In my opinion, weight is only one variable in the water treatment issue. Others are convenience, time, taste, volume and effectivness. I like the Steripen because it is quick, effective, reasona...

In GEAR » Lightest water treatment/filtration
July 10, 12:20pm

Re: Patrol / Crew Backpacking
"Backpacking with a Scouting unit and backpacking solo or with some friends are very different beasts because their aims and methods are different." I totally agree with the above. I j...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Solo Tarps and Gear
July 10, 12:02pm

Where Scouts get their gear
>my Scoutmaster pointed out that I would not be able to help others by carrying some people's gear who packed like idiots< Most Scouts have gear that was purchased for them by their pa...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Solo Tarps and Gear
June 29, 12:54pm

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm