BPL Community Profile

Daniel Goldenberg (dag4643) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwet
About Me Daniel Goldenberg has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Goldenberg

Showing 151 - 160 of 889 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...89

Forum » Thread

Re: What Happened?
>>Wow... a two-day outage!! Good the forum is back now. Wonder what happened?? Al Qaeda brought the BPL servers down as retribution for the killing of Osama.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » What Happened?
May 09, 12:18pm

Re: Which Ti Pot?
Not titanium but I would recommend the antigravitygear 2 liter pot of anodized aluminum. It's lighter than any titanium pot in the 2 liter size.

In GEAR » Which Ti Pot?
May 06, 2:31pm

Re: Best summer shirt bang for buck?
Any of the various ex officio shirts (like air strip lite etc) at Sierra Trading Post when on sale at 30% off, which is about once every week or two.

In GEAR » Best summer shirt bang for buck?
May 04, 8:13am

Re: Re: Re: Re: DNA evidence? Bin Laden in Vegas!!!!
Bin Laden spotted in Vegas!

In Chaff » Bin laden dead
May 02, 1:15pm

Re: Re: Tiny house anyone? - In a whole in the ground there lived a man.
Wonder if anybody has followed Dan Price's zine? The guy lives in a hole in the ground - not a dark wet smelly hole, but a nice warm comfortable hole. It's the ultimate in minimalist liv...

In Chaff » Tiny house anyone?
April 26, 8:16am

Re: Re: Re: "Tiny house anyone?"
One common strategy seems to be to buy a small house and rent it out, while placing your tiny house (with wheels) in the yard. That gives you access to utilities. I think this is what Jay Shafer...

In Chaff » Tiny house anyone?
April 25, 11:02am

Re: Re: Synmat UL7?
The two outside tubes are slightly larger in diameter than the inside tubes.

In GEAR » Synmat UL7?
April 21, 7:02pm

Re: Re: Synmat UL7 - too warm for Summer?
I've used my exped downmat (r value 5 something) on one late summer trip when the overnight temps where in the upper 40's low 50's and I was not too warm. Not sure if you are a reall...

In GEAR » Synmat UL7?
April 21, 11:56am

Re: Katabatic bristlecons bivy sizing ?
I have a size regular bristlecone (2010 model) and it's very generous in sizing. I tried it out with an exped 7 downmat (same width and actually about 5 inches longer than your pad) and a winte...

In GEAR » Katabatic bristlecons bivy sizing ?
April 21, 8:14am

Re: excited!
My Clelland book is supposed to arrive today from Amazon.

In Editor's Roundtable » Interview with Mike Clelland!
April 20, 8:52am

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Goldenberg

Showing 1 - 10 of 10 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ultralight Outdoor Gear (UK) Various
In Great Britain. Excellent selection of goods. This review is written from the perspective of somebody living in the USA. While a majority of the products will be available in the USA, there are many...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 26, 7:17pm

Six Moon Designs Serenity NetTent
This is an initial review based on setting up the shelter in my backyard. The Serenity NetTent is a fully enclosed bug shelter with integrated floor designed for use with the gatewood cape, or as a st...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
March 14, 9:29am

Backcountry.com
I've ordered many times from backcountry.com, and a few times from their outlet (steepandcheap.com) and had great service. The shipping is super fast. On a Wednesday night I placed an order, Thurs...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 18, 8:11am

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
This is a real nice shirt for hot weather. I also own the eco mesh shirt and I like this one better since you can roll up the sleeves better. There are a few things I don't like however: 1. ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 09, 11:17am

Zeiss Mini Quick
A 5x10 monocular. 0.7 oz. The size of a large pen. Clips to your shirt pocket. A pair of binoculars would be nice to have but the lightest pairs are about 1/2 lb, so a bit of a luxury for the ultralig...

In Miscellaneous Products
November 04, 9:35pm

Java Juice Coffee Extract
This stuff is really great! I'm primarily an espresso drinker and don't like most drip coffee. This stuff to me tastes better than drip coffee, even that made from good fresh beans. Up till now I've b...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
February 22, 6:55pm

GU Energy Gel
This stuff actually works great. Unlike energy bars, these are easily and quickly digested and give you a pretty quick energy boost. They are just the thing to get you going when the energy is getting...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
August 09, 9:10pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
This latest version is just awsome, it puts out a lot of light for it's size. The light currently seems to be packaged with the optional clip (a $4.95 value). The clip really is a de-rigour item. ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 09, 8:58pm

Smartwool Microweight Fitted T
I've long been a fan of wool for cooler weather but this is the first wool garment I've been able to wear in really hot weather. Well made with a good fit. breathes well. I honestly can't think of ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
August 09, 9:20am

Granite Gear Airspace Stuffsacks
These are silnylon stuffsacks but rectangular shaped and with a zipper down the middle. They are like a men's toiletry bag but made with ultralight materials. The nylon is kind of a translucent white ...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 04, 9:03am