Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

JASON CUZZETTO (cuzzettj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale NorCal - South Bay
About Me I love the wilderness and UL gear.
I went on my first backpacking trip in Oregon when I was 6 weeks old (AUG72). It snowed all night long. When day light came I was the only thing left dry. Just wish I could remember it!

In 2000 my first UL trip resulted in a night hike to stay warm. Wrong gear.

Finished the BPL Scouting course (May 2010). Very cool. It was like closing a door. I feel like I can teach the principals now.
CityCampbell
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by JASON CUZZETTO

Showing 151 - 160 of 224 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

"Anyone tried this pocket stove?"
What about using 2-56 x ?(h) - Titanium hex head bolts as pot supports through this? It would add a little weight, but I would think it would be negligible and it 3-4 of them would make a fantasti...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anyone tried this pocket stove?
March 26, 5:37pm

"Foothills Trail Thru Hike"
Looks like a great solo trip. Any gear failures? How did the Go-lite tarp hold out.

In Post-Trip Reports » Foothills Trail Thru Hike
March 24, 8:10pm

Anyone tried this pocket stove?
So did you modify this with fiberglass instead of paper? I am a little unsure as to what I read verses what I am seeing in the BPL posted pictures. I love the idea of this stove and how it is...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anyone tried this pocket stove?
March 24, 7:55pm

Criminal Tree Cultivation in California
Yeah, uh, an electric car and SUVs... Cool, I think this guy has too much money and time on his hands to screw with his neighbors like that. I couldn't even get my neighbor's insurance to...

In Chaff » Criminal Tree Cultivation in California
March 24, 7:35pm

Knobstone Trail Thru Hike gear list
Fantastic list. I think you just want a pat on the back!!! I agree, get rid of the extra hat. Good luck with the new quilt. That is the only place I rarely risk weight. I had an experien...

In Gear Lists » Knobstone Trail Thru Hike gear list
March 24, 7:23pm

6.64oz Climashield-COMBAT Bivy Liner/Quilt
Looking at this makes me want to sew. The weight savings is amazing. Even If I build it to my size I will save 8 ounces. Fantastic project.

In Make Your Own Gear » 6.64oz Climashield-COMBAT Bivy Liner/Quilt
March 13, 7:12pm

Grand Canyon Packrafting
Easily one of the best articles I have read on backpackinglight.com! The writing style gives us the information we need without drowning us in detail. I felt a part of the trip. I hope we se...

In Editor's Roundtable » Grand Canyon Packrafting
March 13, 6:21pm

Pocket Slipper Camp Shoes
I accidently started a hike last year with Keen New Ports on. I meant to change my shoes. I used them this winter with thorlos and Seal Skins in the rain. They worked perfect. Killed to bir...

In GEAR » Pocket Slipper Camp Shoes
March 12, 9:17pm

How warm can you take your 20F quilt?
I have taken my 15 Degree quilt up to the 90 Degree Range. I just kick off the feet lay on top of it. Stand it up to block a draft. However as far as cost goes I have a Lafuma 600 that cost ...

In GEAR » How warm can you take your 20F quilt?
March 10, 7:19pm

Re: Golite Pinnacle Backpack REVIEW
I love mine and bought it based on the 8 months use I used the Jam 2. I found I was able to support my younger kids food or gear. Also, as an Assistant Scout Master it maid the required medical k...

In Editor's Roundtable » Golite Pinnacle Backpack REVIEW
February 10, 4:37pm

All Reader Reviews by JASON CUZZETTO

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Appy Trails Mark 5
Mark V – Appy Trails – Can’t beat the price! First of all, the price on this tarp tent is dead on. At $120.00 it is a fantastic deal. Manufacturer’s Specs: Sleeping capacity: 5 Average minimum we...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
February 28, 2:10pm

End2End Trail Supply GramWeenie
There is a lot of information in the other reviews so I will keep this simple. I bought both the Gram Weenie and it's big brother the Pro. Here is what I found. I used the small one first wit...

In Stoves - Alcohol
May 20, 1:55pm

Light My Fire Spork
***Update MRE Spoon, Titanium Spork, Lexan Fork, knife, spoon, and spork... The Light My Fire Spork looks cool, works great! I agree that the only down side is the length... But then again I...

In Cookware - Other
July 25, 1:24pm

Evernew .9 Liter pot
No big deal if the insualtion burns off for me. That is what the bandana is for... or one of the things. Great volume for up to three people.

In Cookware - Titanium
July 25, 12:58pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I agree. I sent them a couple of questions and a fix for their Web Site. I never new customer service reps could be so rude in their reply and they didn't even acknowledge they made a mistake an...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 15, 2:48pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
Down from a 5 to a 4... But still a 5 to me. Want to know why? Read on... A few weeks ago I received the Golite Pinnacle Pack in the mail. I wanted the pack because I love the Jam Pack I purch...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 13, 11:14am

Petzl e+LITE
This is a great light. I bought it for hiking but I took it with me on a 4 day camping trip the other day. What I liked most it gave us plenty of light late into the night. My wife used it for hour...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
June 02, 5:57pm

Keen Arroyo 2
I have had a pair or Newport closed tow keen sandals for about 3 years now. I absolutely love them! So I talked my wife into purchasing the Arroyo 2 for the both of us - let's call it a hybrid ru...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
May 31, 11:57am