BPL Community Profile

pack nwcurt (curtpeterson) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me pack nwcurt has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by pack nwcurt

Showing 151 - 160 of 415 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...42

Forum » Thread

Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
Thanks, Dale. I ordered a couple to check out. Seems like a perfect great-weather-forecast shell replacement. I take DriDucks in the PNW summer as my never-use shell and thought that was as light a...

In GEAR » Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
May 07, 8:43am

Best glue for Dri Ducks material?
Haven't done it myself, but I think Tyvek tape is supposed to be great for this kind of thing. No glue mess, either.

In Make Your Own Gear » Best glue for Dri Ducks material?
May 04, 10:03pm

Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
Is it basically the same material as the regular Frogg Toggs stuff? Just thinner?

In GEAR » Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
May 04, 10:00pm

Vapor Trail belt: weight? go without?
I routinely use its big brother the Nimbus Ozone without a belt. I have an extra frame that I've modified to just take the shoulder straps. Ozone w/o full frame and belt is right around 2lbs. a...

In GEAR » Vapor Trail belt: weight? go without?
April 26, 8:52am

Ultralight Tip of the Week
Ordered the book 5 minutes ago. Thanks, Mike!

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
April 22, 8:34am

Anyone use trekking poles with a Golite Shangri-la 3
I've used the extender (1 ounce or so?) with a trekking pole in winds that gusted at least to 40 or 50. We get a lot of windstorms here and we're pretty good at judging the speed. The Hex 3...

In GEAR » Anyone use trekking poles with a Golite Shangri-la 3?
April 16, 10:03am

Spectacular PNW trip suggestion??
The Pasaytan is truly fantastic. The eastern half has a Tibet feel to it. Miles and miles of high altitude roaming. Gorgeous. September is getting a little late for up there, though. Depends on the...

In Post-Trip Reports » Spectacular PNW trip suggestion??
April 16, 9:54am

Spectacular PNW trip suggestion??
Don't write off the Enchantments. Not the solitude you're looking for (although it can be found up there for sure), but it really is stunning and famous for a reason. They take walk-ins eve...

In Post-Trip Reports » Spectacular PNW trip suggestion??
April 14, 7:43am

25" wide Neoair
Not sure why it's not more popular - folks have been asking for this size for years - but the NeoAir Trekker L/T is 25" wide and around 48" long. Cheaper, tougher, just as small packi...

In GEAR » 25" wide Neoair
April 14, 7:37am

WTB: Sea to Summit Bug Net
Looking for the Single or Double. Ideally the InsectShield treated, but fine with the regular as long as it's in good condition. PM if you have one you'd like to sell. Thanks!

In Gear Swap » WTB: Sea to Summit Bug Net
March 31, 12:45pm

All Reader Reviews by pack nwcurt

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Ultralight Fishing Rod Case 2"
I'd been looking for a light, tough fishing rod tube for a long time and was excited to find this option. Despite fantastic customer service with a special request and fast shipping, this rod tube qu...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:57am

Lock Laces Shoe Laces Lock Laces Shoe Laces
I'll give the Lock-Laces that BPL sells a star for being incredibly comfortable during in-camp and flat trail duty, and another star for the quick and easy on-off they allow. But, they are not near...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:43am

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If Esbit is the fuel choice, this little stand is a fantastic option. Fits the GSI double boilers well and my Snowpeak bowl nicely. The real appeal is the ridiculously light weight. I can tos...

In Stoves - Other
August 07, 11:35am