BPL Community Profile

pack nwcurt (curtpeterson) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me pack nwcurt has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by pack nwcurt

Showing 151 - 160 of 421 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...43

Forum » Thread

Fixed-length poles
Andrew, I've been using XC Ski poles exclusively for the last 2 years. About 1500 miles on my current pair and they are in great shape. That's nothing compared to Skurka-miles, but I thi...

In GEAR » Fixed-length poles
June 11, 8:17am

The Pacific Northwest Gear Thread
I find that real estate in a shelter goes a long way in incessant rain. Sizing up a tarp beyond the minimal requirements adds a couple ounces, but tons of sanity. Something like the Hex3/SL3 is awe...

In GEAR » The Pacific Northwest Gear Thread
May 30, 9:32am

Silnylon Sag
"I think Silnylon tents have their challenges in the PNW for all of the obvious reasons - the sag factor is much worse here than say, in California which has a lower humidity." A coupl...

In GEAR » The Pacific Northwest Gear Thread
May 30, 9:27am

WTB: Granite Gear Pack
Thanks, David!

In Gear Swap » WTB: Granite Gear Pack
May 22, 2:18pm

WTB: Granite Gear Pack
Looking for a Virga or possibly a Vapor Trail. Long torso preferred. Used is ideal - I don't want to spend a ton as this is for a modification project - but in solid condition still. I'd pr...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Granite Gear Pack
May 22, 11:12am

PIF: EPCO Designs dome insect net
PM Sent!

In Gear Swap » PIF: EPCO Designs dome insect net
May 15, 10:35am

Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
Thanks, Dale. I ordered a couple to check out. Seems like a perfect great-weather-forecast shell replacement. I take DriDucks in the PNW summer as my never-use shell and thought that was as light a...

In GEAR » Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
May 07, 8:43am

Best glue for Dri Ducks material?
Haven't done it myself, but I think Tyvek tape is supposed to be great for this kind of thing. No glue mess, either.

In Make Your Own Gear » Best glue for Dri Ducks material?
May 04, 10:03pm

Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
Is it basically the same material as the regular Frogg Toggs stuff? Just thinner?

In GEAR » Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
May 04, 10:00pm

Vapor Trail belt: weight? go without?
I routinely use its big brother the Nimbus Ozone without a belt. I have an extra frame that I've modified to just take the shoulder straps. Ozone w/o full frame and belt is right around 2lbs. a...

In GEAR » Vapor Trail belt: weight? go without?
April 26, 8:52am

All Reader Reviews by pack nwcurt

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Ultralight Fishing Rod Case 2"
I'd been looking for a light, tough fishing rod tube for a long time and was excited to find this option. Despite fantastic customer service with a special request and fast shipping, this rod tube qu...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:57am

Lock Laces Shoe Laces Lock Laces Shoe Laces
I'll give the Lock-Laces that BPL sells a star for being incredibly comfortable during in-camp and flat trail duty, and another star for the quick and easy on-off they allow. But, they are not near...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:43am

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If Esbit is the fuel choice, this little stand is a fantastic option. Fits the GSI double boilers well and my Snowpeak bowl nicely. The real appeal is the ridiculously light weight. I can tos...

In Stoves - Other
August 07, 11:35am