BPL Community Profile

Tyler H (ctwnwood) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Utah
About Me Tyler H has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.cottonwoodculture.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListGear List -- The Maze Trip

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tyler H

Showing 151 - 160 of 183 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

re: RikSak
Newton, wow! That's a little scary good thing mine's not for sale! I even named my the 'sashapack'. Great minds think alike....?

In Make Your Own Gear » 1st ever MYOG: 2 oz day pack
June 30, 9:48am

1st ever MYOG: 2 oz day pack
So, I broke my leg about 3 weeks ago and was disappointed I wouldn't be spending my summer working outside (USFS) as planned. Then I discovered I could make my own gear and learn to sew! S...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1st ever MYOG: 2 oz day pack
June 29, 11:39pm

supercat: better results
Thanks everyone for the ideas. Below is my set-up with Titan Kettle, oven pan lid & halfwindscreen, and basic Supercat stove. 2 cups cool tap water, ~5:30 min boil time in the kitchen. Us...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Cat stoves
June 27, 10:38pm

Pictures!
Paul- Thanks for including a picture! That makes it much easier to compare with my own set-up. When I'm back home I'm going to throw up a photo of my own and get some critiques. Also,...

June 24, 10:38pm

National Forest and BLM - free$99
Alina As others have said almost all BLM land (typically range or desert, sometimes forest) is free to camp on. Most National Forests are free to camp in as well. Each has its own restrictions...

In GEAR » Stealth camping
June 24, 12:42pm

Re: poor Super Cat performance
I'm definitely using Al for the stove. Pot is Ti, could try with my Fosters pot but haven't yet. 2 cups of water for the above figures.

June 24, 12:37pm

Poor super cat performance - same issue here
I've been having similar trouble with my recently built Super Cat stove. Followed the crazy simple construction directions so I don't think design is at fault, but what else? I'm us...

June 23, 10:16pm

re: Giardia dead at 175F
I will acknowledge now that this is thread drifting. Bob, Spent some time thinking about your comment that giardia dies at 175F and a few things came to mind. Let's assume that's actu...

In GEAR » What's a easy to make but efficient alcohol stove?
June 21, 5:25pm

Thanks everybody
I spent some time reading the Super Cat site and experimenting with my stove, came to about the same conclusion that filling it up all the way and potentially having some leftover is the best route...

June 21, 5:09pm

How much fuel/alcohol do you use in your cat stove?
This is a question for any and all who have used their Skurka style cat food can stove on a trip. I've been fooling with alcohol stoves for a while now and my big dilemma is that I can't ...

June 21, 2:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Tyler H

Tyler H has posted no reviews.