BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListUltimate JMT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 151 - 160 of 581 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...59

Forum » Thread

"Google's Street View Goes Into The Wild"
Google's Street View maps are headed into the backcountry. Earlier this week, two teams from Google strapped on sophisticated backpacks jammed with cameras, gyroscopes and other gadgets, and de...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Google's Street View Goes Into The Wild"
October 24, 10:05am

FS: WM Megalite, Montbell UL SS #5, SMD Meteor Bivy, & Yama Bug Shelter 1.25
bump with some price drops

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Megalite, Montbell UL SS #5, SMD Meteor Bivy, & Yama Bug Shelter 1.25
October 23, 11:00am

Re: "Gathering of Gear Geeks 2012: Pointe Reyes National Seashore"
Good times this weekend. It was nice to see some of you again and meet a few others. And thanks again for organizing, Ken and for getting the pictures up so fast, Tony. What time did you all h...

In Photo Gallery » Gathering of Gear Geeks 2012: Pointe Reyes National Seashore
October 22, 11:12am

Re: Tarp Camping Techniques for Inclement Conditions
Now I'm curious which manufacturers are considered to be capable of the "very high manufacturing quality and seam design" with cuben fiber.

In Editor's Roundtable » Tarp Camping Techniques for Inclement Conditions
October 17, 1:05pm

FS: WM Megalite, Montbell UL SS #5, SMD Meteor Bivy, & Yama Bug Shelter 1.25
-- SALE IS OVER. ALL ITEMS NO LONGER AVAILABLE -- All prices include shipping CONUS. Paypal preferred. Please use personal/gift option or add a little extra to cover the fees. PM me with qu...

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Megalite, Montbell UL SS #5, SMD Meteor Bivy, & Yama Bug Shelter 1.25
October 17, 11:33am

Re: Tripod -- and Steripen
I'm also interested in the tripod details. Also curious which container you used to treat the water with the steripen. Were you using the ziploc 24oz bowl or the Jetboil and just treating l...

In Editor's Roundtable » Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness: Photo Essay
October 16, 11:43am

Re: The North Country Trail: Porkies, Trap Hills, and Sturgeon River Gorge
Good stuff! Like Chris N., I also grew up in the northeast before moving to San Francisco and really miss the fall foliage.

In Post-Trip Reports » The North Country Trail: Porkies, Trap Hills, and Sturgeon River Gorge
October 10, 12:34pm

Re: Yosemite's Cathedral Range October 4-7, 2012
Nice report and pictures! Looks like a great October trip. Jacob, I've also got a couple photo questions for you. I'll send you a PM.

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite's Cathedral Range October 4-7, 2012
October 09, 3:49pm

Re: Re: WY: Yellowstone, Grand Teton and the Wind River Range
d k, So it sounds like it got even worse by the time you got there. We were in Wyoming Aug 11-18. I think the day in Grand Teton NP was the worst of it for us and I remember it being worse than ...

In Post-Trip Reports » WY: Yellowstone, Grand Teton and the Wind River Range
October 08, 4:46pm

WY: Yellowstone, Grand Teton and the Wind River Range
Back in August, Julie and I took a road trip out to Wyoming to check out some of the sites in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks for a couple days and then head to the Wind River Range for ...

In Post-Trip Reports » WY: Yellowstone, Grand Teton and the Wind River Range
October 04, 11:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm