BPL Community Profile

Peter McDonough (crazypete) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Above the Divided Line
About Me I backpack as the Studliest Studly Studmuffin of Studly Studliness who ever Studlied himself out of Studlyville.

I cut a large path while leaving no trace and carring less than three pounds in my pack.

If you want knowledge of some real scientific prinicples, talk to me and I will guide you to the sun.

See you on the other side.

And remember to keep to the mean.
CityForm of the Good
StateThe City
CountryUS of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Peter McDonough

Showing 151 - 160 of 221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re: Pain tabs and pen
No antibiotics!?!? Connecting with nature in an entirely new way!! Fighting off deadly bacteria with the body's own defenses!! And if the defenses begin to be overcome, who cares??? Its all a...

In Gear Lists » 3 Season SUL, So-Cal Gear List
August 08, 12:34pm

Re: How to attach sleeping pad sections
Punch 2 holes in the pad and the addendum about a foot and a half apart, thread AirCore or some lightweight cord through the holes and tie them together. If you leave the cord long enough you can ...

In Make Your Own Gear » How to attach sleeping pad sections
August 03, 3:33pm

Question
Rain?? Don't tell me you are going to sleep in your rain gear.....

In Gear Lists » JMT Un-resupplied
July 27, 10:47pm

Re: Re: Getting 3M Ultrathon into BMW Microdrop
Use a 30 mL syringe.

In Philosophy & Technique » Getting 3M Ultrathon into BMW Microdrop
July 25, 9:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Drink Powder Re-Packaging
Drink crystal lite or similar--and insert it in a plastic straw with a funnel. Seal one side with the heat of a match, fold the other side over and secure with a paperclip.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Drink Powder Re-Packaging
July 25, 1:51pm

Re: you can redistribute and play tricks w/ packwt
Heeey Mr. "Hardcore" I too am able to carry a 60 pound pack down the trail. I also, however, have the skills to carry a three pound pack down that same trail. You, on the other hand, don't. B...

In GEAR » Mystery Ranch Backpacks equals Dana Design quality?
July 22, 12:16am

Re: Feedback Requested on Gear List
Raingear AND a poncho?? I'd suggest shedding the raingear and going with the poncho--or you could shed the bivy and get a bigger tarp. I think your Gatorade bottles are a little on the light side...

In Gear Lists » Feedback Requested on Gear List
July 21, 1:37pm

Re: Volunteer Opportunities ?
Boy Scouts of America??

In Chaff » Volunteer Opportunities
July 20, 4:00pm

Re: Help in Planning a Thru-Hike
Give us expected weather conditions and a proposed gear list, planned mileage per day, expected menu according to estimated trip length...and we'll go from there.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Help in Planning a Thru-Hike
July 10, 1:14pm

Re: Re: Re: AM... How long after mixing?
Paulo, the question was how long the mixed solution would be effective, not how long to wait for the solution to become effective.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » AM... How long after mixing?
July 06, 9:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Peter McDonough

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Ether Wind Shirt (Wisp HP)
Of course you got clammy in it. The temperature was in the mid 60s. There is no need to wear a windshirt in the mid 60s unless you have a slight drizzle or there is a VERY VERY strong wind blowing. ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 16, 12:49pm