BPL Community Profile

Chris Muthig (cmuthig) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me Chris Muthig has not added a biography yet.
CityAthens
StateGeorgia
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://kringlelight.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Muthig

Showing 151 - 160 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Virga Outdoors Wendego
19 baffles seems like a lot. That is a nice feature that should keep the down in place a lot better. How much loft does it have after it has the time to fully loft up?

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » BillyGoat/Virga Outdoors Wendego - My new M55/900FP SUL Quilt
November 20, 5:56am

Thanks for the Thoughts
I forgot to add in shelter and pad, sorry. My shelter will be a MYOG Duomid and MYOG Lytw8 Bivy. So I will have a fully enclosed shelter to help keep out drafts. For pads, I currently have a Full l...

In Gear Lists » SE Winter Insulation
November 18, 6:03am

SE Winter Insulation
I graduate school in December and probably moving out west in fall 2012, and so it looks like my last chance to thru hike the AT will be this January. I am planning on a January 1 start. I will sta...

In Gear Lists » SE Winter Insulation
November 17, 11:30am

Compression
I haven't actually put it into a pack yet. I am heading out for the AT on Thursday to do a four day trip, and I will be testing it out then. I'll be sure to update with info like compressio...

In Make Your Own Gear » Synthetic Quilt Guide
November 15, 7:27pm

Re: Questions
I've thought about how to add on that baffle and have one thought. I'm going to do some testing with stitch witchery and the insulation. I've used this stuff on nylon and silk, but not ...

November 15, 5:22pm

Re: Synthetic Quilt Guide
Sizing shouldn't be too hard. As for length, the 74" is just about the right length of me. It came out to be just under that in reality but still works well for my 5'10" height. I...

November 15, 4:14pm

Width
I like the flat design because it is meant to have a head slit so I can wear it in a similar way to a JRB Stealth. I am just working on a more efficient way of inserting that then I have in the pas...

November 15, 1:47pm

Re: PCT and AT
I have some questions. You mention you want to do this "next year" and will be taking a year off from school. By "next year" do you mean academic year or calendar year? And whic...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT and AT
November 15, 1:11pm

Synthetic Quilt Guide
I just finished up a new synthetic quilt using some 5oz/yd Apex. It is just a flat quilt, with a drawcord footbox. I used breath 1.1oz ripstop nylon as the shell and liner and got a final weight of...

November 15, 12:20pm

Re: Synthetic Quilt question
I actually just finished making a quilt with the 5oz Apex. I have a whole post that I am just about done with on how I went about making it. I should have it posted later today. The one thing I can...

In Make Your Own Gear » Synthetic Quilt question
November 15, 11:05am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Muthig

Chris Muthig has posted no reviews.