BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 151 - 160 of 1013 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...102

Forum » Thread

tie-out
"Also, my concern is not a guy line breaking; it's a tie-out ripping off the tarp (or ripping the tarp itself)." My post was a little muddled. I was talking about a line that goes ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thoughts on Spinntwin's corner tieout design?
July 27, 4:27pm

Nobul1
I have a down quilt from Zpacks with Nobul1 inside and out, and I haven't observed a single down cluster coming through yet. I remember someone mentioning, though, that there have been at least...

In Make Your Own Gear » My next quilt #10
July 27, 10:32am

tie-outs
Yes, I'm familiar with that general problem. It's the reason that ropes suspending hammocks need to withstand forces much greater than a person's body weight. I guess I don't qu...

July 26, 11:44pm

Valve
Ryan, I have a couple of blue TPU valves that I removed from two 1980s era inflatable sleeping pads. They are fairly similar to kite surfing valves from Airtime, but a bit more squat. I'll take...

In Make Your Own Gear » Light (<2oz) urethane coated nylon
July 21, 2:52pm

Ti sheet
Titanium Joe (google this) is a good source I've used. As others said, standard tin snips work well for cutting Ti foils. Heavy scissors will cut anything thinner than 0.005", but you'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Working with titanium sheet
July 21, 2:47pm

Yes
Me, too: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=61310

In Make Your Own Gear » Travel / BPing deodorant
July 20, 12:12pm

Fabric
Marc, actually, I tried using heat to weld a TPU valve to the 30D heat sealable nylon from Seattle Fabrics. It didn't work well. I suspect that the TPU of the valve has a different softening te...

July 19, 11:22am

Tie outs
If I'm understanding the Spinntwinn tie-out design, it seems similar to tieouts that were used (and maybe still are) by the hammock maker Warbonnet, for their tarps. I started a thread a couple...

July 18, 9:40pm

Application
Yes, HH for some kinds of silnylon (like Thru-hiker's Shield) is good, and tenacity per unit material weight is much better than PU nylon, but PU nylon can be easily taped and a urethane elasto...

July 18, 9:24pm

Purpose
It's for a gravity filtration water bag.

July 18, 8:24am

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.