November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Matt Lutz (citystuckhiker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Hiker-turned-ultramarathon runner. Sorry backpack, I've neglected you.
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListWinter 2011-12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matt Lutz

Showing 151 - 160 of 805 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Winter footwear options for the big?
Steger Mukluks go to mens 15 double wide.

In GEAR » Winter footwear options for the big?
December 13, 11:36am

Winter bags in summer-sized bivies
So I have a size regular MLD bivy (Superlight). What risks do I run by using my winter bag, a Marmot Col (-20, long) in the bivy? I'd like to use this as a stand-alone shelter for non-snowy nig...

In GEAR » Winter bags in summer-sized bivies
December 13, 10:31am

Re: Re: Well, it seemed like a good idea...
Ditto folding titanium spork. Mostly b/c I use non-stick cookware. And because I couldn't keep it open when in use.

In GEAR » Well, it seemed like a good idea...
December 13, 10:15am

Re: Another windshirt thread
I like GoLite Ether (3.17 oz) and Wisp (3.01 oz). Light, breathable, and the DWR is good. Often on sale here or at a reduced price elsewhere. Price is decent and much less than Pataguchi. Also chec...

In GEAR » Another windshirt thread
December 12, 1:02pm

Re: Re: Denali Light: The 2009 Attempt
Mega inspiring. Thanks again. When I started (seriously) getting into winter camping last year, I read your gear lists over and over. Thanks again.

In Editor's Roundtable » Denali Light: The 2009 Attempt
December 12, 12:00pm

Re: ULA New Owner interviewed!
Um, how did I miss ULA being sold? Any explanation on the reasons for the sale? Good luck Chris and Sally - I hope the best for you two and the future of ULA.

In GEAR » ULA New Owner interviewed!
November 03, 10:28am

Re: Everyday Socks?
MN guy here. I wear Smartwools (adrenaline mini crews) every day. All year long. Sometimes when the weather is cold, I move to expedition (heavy cushioning). They're fantastic. Wool for the ...

In GEAR » Everyday Socks?
October 31, 5:29pm

Re: High temp for wool?
Wool what? For socks, never.

In GEAR » High temp for wool?
October 31, 3:28pm

Re: Re: When do you wear boots?
When there is snow on the ground (snowshoeing) or when its continuously cold and raining (sub 45-50ish).

In GEAR » When do you wear boots?
October 22, 9:45am

Re: Initial thoughts on the MLD Trailstar
Great post - how 'bout a formal review with a rating and all?

In GEAR » Initial thoughts on the MLD Trailstar
October 20, 9:31am

All Reader Reviews by Matt Lutz

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Marmot Scree (softshell pants)
There is so much to love about these pants, but the little details kill any possibility of a 5 rating. So 4 it is. The good: The pants are made of Marmot's proprietary M3 fabric, which is a ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
October 20, 9:50am

Zpacks Z1
I bought my Z1 from a BPL forum member. It had a webbing waist belt and a removable sternum strap. I have since removed the waistbelt (via scissors) and removed the sternum strap, which was attached t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 03, 10:22am

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka
I have a 2008 MB Inner down Parka, and I wish I would have waited until the 2009 models were released before hitting "submit order." I have a size small, which weighs in at 7.2 oz. The ja...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
October 03, 9:24am

Black Diamond Windweight (formerly Jetstream)
I have owned two pairs of BD wind-proof liner gloves - an older pair of Jetstreams and the new model, their Windweights. Both used Polartec Windbloc fabric. These gloves are excellent next-to-skin...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
October 03, 9:15am

Black Diamond Powerstretch (now Midweights)
These are my go-to liner gloves for all seasons. In three-season wear, they are are breathable and not too warm when the temperature dips. In cold and wet weather, I use them under a pair of MLD eVent...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
October 03, 8:50am