BPL Community Profile

Matt Lutz (citystuckhiker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Hiker-turned-ultramarathon runner. Sorry backpack, I've neglected you.
CityMankato
StateMinnesota
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://crazyrunnerguy.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListWinter 2011-12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matt Lutz

Showing 151 - 160 of 805 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Winter footwear options for the big?
Steger Mukluks go to mens 15 double wide.

In GEAR » Winter footwear options for the big?
December 13, 11:36am

Winter bags in summer-sized bivies
So I have a size regular MLD bivy (Superlight). What risks do I run by using my winter bag, a Marmot Col (-20, long) in the bivy? I'd like to use this as a stand-alone shelter for non-snowy nig...

In GEAR » Winter bags in summer-sized bivies
December 13, 10:31am

Re: Re: Well, it seemed like a good idea...
Ditto folding titanium spork. Mostly b/c I use non-stick cookware. And because I couldn't keep it open when in use.

In GEAR » Well, it seemed like a good idea...
December 13, 10:15am

Re: Another windshirt thread
I like GoLite Ether (3.17 oz) and Wisp (3.01 oz). Light, breathable, and the DWR is good. Often on sale here or at a reduced price elsewhere. Price is decent and much less than Pataguchi. Also chec...

In GEAR » Another windshirt thread
December 12, 1:02pm

Re: Re: Denali Light: The 2009 Attempt
Mega inspiring. Thanks again. When I started (seriously) getting into winter camping last year, I read your gear lists over and over. Thanks again.

In Editor's Roundtable » Denali Light: The 2009 Attempt
December 12, 12:00pm

Re: ULA New Owner interviewed!
Um, how did I miss ULA being sold? Any explanation on the reasons for the sale? Good luck Chris and Sally - I hope the best for you two and the future of ULA.

In GEAR » ULA New Owner interviewed!
November 03, 10:28am

Re: Everyday Socks?
MN guy here. I wear Smartwools (adrenaline mini crews) every day. All year long. Sometimes when the weather is cold, I move to expedition (heavy cushioning). They're fantastic. Wool for the ...

In GEAR » Everyday Socks?
October 31, 5:29pm

Re: High temp for wool?
Wool what? For socks, never.

In GEAR » High temp for wool?
October 31, 3:28pm

Re: Re: When do you wear boots?
When there is snow on the ground (snowshoeing) or when its continuously cold and raining (sub 45-50ish).

In GEAR » When do you wear boots?
October 22, 9:45am

Re: Initial thoughts on the MLD Trailstar
Great post - how 'bout a formal review with a rating and all?

In GEAR » Initial thoughts on the MLD Trailstar
October 20, 9:31am

All Reader Reviews by Matt Lutz

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Marmot Scree (softshell pants)
There is so much to love about these pants, but the little details kill any possibility of a 5 rating. So 4 it is. The good: The pants are made of Marmot's proprietary M3 fabric, which is a ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
October 20, 9:50am

Zpacks Z1
I bought my Z1 from a BPL forum member. It had a webbing waist belt and a removable sternum strap. I have since removed the waistbelt (via scissors) and removed the sternum strap, which was attached t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 03, 10:22am

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka
I have a 2008 MB Inner down Parka, and I wish I would have waited until the 2009 models were released before hitting "submit order." I have a size small, which weighs in at 7.2 oz. The ja...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
October 03, 9:24am

Black Diamond Windweight (formerly Jetstream)
I have owned two pairs of BD wind-proof liner gloves - an older pair of Jetstreams and the new model, their Windweights. Both used Polartec Windbloc fabric. These gloves are excellent next-to-skin...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
October 03, 9:15am

Black Diamond Powerstretch (now Midweights)
These are my go-to liner gloves for all seasons. In three-season wear, they are are breathable and not too warm when the temperature dips. In cold and wet weather, I use them under a pair of MLD eVent...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
October 03, 8:50am