BPL Community Profile

Chad Miller (chadnsc) - BPL Guest

My Locale Duluth, Minnesota
About Me Backpacking and climbing throughout the year, I love to be outdoors in virtually any active form.
CityDuluth
StateDuluth
My PDF Gear ListSummer Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Miller

Showing 151 - 160 of 805 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Winter pad setup... will it work in 0F?
Well lets look at your pad setup from an R-value comparison I normally use a Downmatt 7 Lrg with an R-Value of 5.9 for winter trips with temps down to single digit temps. Your sleeping pad...

In Winter Hiking » Winter pad setup... will it work in 0F?
December 14, 1:48pm

Hehehehehe
Despite my reasoning for why I didn't see the need to renew my subscription someone just gifted me one. Thank you for your generosity.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
December 14, 1:35pm

Re: Using a bivy only in winter
I've done the bivy only on a few winter trips. On clear clam nights it was great. On nights when their was blowing snow or sleet I found the bivy not very livable and much more a pain in th...

In Winter Hiking » Using a bivy only in winter
December 14, 10:10am

Re: Tarp and Bivy for sale
Weights for tarp and bivy?

In Gear Swap » Tarp and Bivy for sale
December 14, 9:00am

Re: Where to sell my UL stuff?
As others have said there are a few options other than BPL to sell gear. I'd think long and hard about joining BPL if all you're going to do is sell gear though. Unless you're goi...

In Chaff » Where to sell my UL stuff?
December 13, 4:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 8-page/5000-word copy and paste
You forgot the end of my post Sharon: "Then again this is something that was taught to most of us when we where five years old so I doubt any further education will help. :P" Peop...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » dont chuck rocks off cliffs ...
December 13, 4:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: 8-page/5000-word copy and paste
Eric wrote: "interesting how there are more "comments" on the posting of the story than the story itself .." I think that says a great deal about how 'important' we ...

December 13, 10:54am

Re: Re: 8-page/5000-word copy and paste
If that is the case Eric then why don't you take a page from Majid's playbook and simply post a link to original story?

December 13, 8:17am

Re: What is your winter weight?
My winter base weight: Early winter without pulk sled: 18 pounds with temps down to 0 F Normal winter with pulk sled: 23 pounds with temps down to -40 F

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter weight?
December 13, 8:13am

Re: And I don't believe in cold fusion either
Sigh . . . David it appears you're making some rather sweeping generalizations simply in order to antagonize other posters here. All you're accomplishing by doing this is damaging your...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
December 13, 8:05am

All Reader Reviews by Chad Miller

Chad Miller has posted no reviews.