Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 151 - 160 of 434 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...44

Forum » Thread

re: down proof fabric
Many years ago, I bought some Thinsulate Liteloft 110 to make some insulated salopette liners. When it arrived, I opened the bag up, and revelled in the lovely soft warmth... So much so that I st...

In Make Your Own Gear » Does Primaloft/Climashield/etc. need "down proof" fabric?
December 12, 11:15am

re: Re: Re: re: stoves & things
James wrote: 'My apologies to all.' No apology needed, James. I know I can sometimes sound a bit severe, but it's just my rather dry posting manner*, and I don't mean to be accu...

In Make Your Own Gear » A simple alcohol stove more fuel effecient than the Jim Wood Super Cat?
December 05, 12:03pm

re: passive white gas burner
Jim wrote: "Kevin,thank you for injecting a little science based rigor." I can't help it; it's my job... And, as I said earlier, there's no point comparing apples and oran...

In Make Your Own Gear » A simple alcohol stove more fuel effecient than the Jim Wood Super Cat?
December 02, 8:03am

Re: re: stoves & things
> Absolutely! Out solo, on fast moving UL trips, [alcohol] is the way to go. Right, now I think we're agreed ;-) > However, with larger canisters, the step function does indeed cros...

November 30, 10:55am

re: "A simple alcohol stove more fuel effecient than the Jim Wood Super Cat?"
Anyway, back to your other interesting post that I missed earlier... > At, 1/3ounce? That is good efficiency for alcohol. This seems to be the best case for fuel efficiency. That's ver...

November 29, 11:48am

re: stoves & things
Hi James, I'm afraid I'm having trouble determining if we disagree or agree... My OM thread was an observation of how fuel system weights compared between meths and gas, and considere...

November 29, 11:28am

re: re: re^n: stoves & things
> Well, not quite. His primary analysis revolves around a 230g can. If you change the canister to 450g, you need to also reduce the can weight. from around 110g to about 175gram. James, I'...

November 29, 6:12am

re: Penny Stove
> Some of the ones I built just didn't work for some unexplained reason. That's my experience too, and that of some of my fellow OM stovies. I'm convinced that, built 'right&...

November 28, 12:13pm

re^n: stoves & things
> Nice burner and nice fissure clone. Thanks ;-) > 28g for the clone? That's very light and more than made up for in stability and efficiency. That's made using 0.15mm (6 tho...

November 28, 12:00pm

re: stoves & things...
Jim wrote: "The stove that Kevin is talking about, the one from 250ml Red Bull cans, is going to be pretty light." Yes, it's also about 7g, so pretty similar to the Cat Stove. It ...

November 25, 7:45am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.