Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 151 - 160 of 353 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...36

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: car camping tent
I agree with the Hobitat 6 at REI. If you can get it on sale it is a great tent. Much better than a Coleman and absolutely palatial. It is what my family uses on car camping trips. It is nice t...

In GEAR » car camping tent
July 15, 11:08am

Re: Re: Re: yes, but...
yes, speculation on my part. It reconciles the reported statements in the OP with the stated regulations. Visiting national forests around California leads me to believe they are severely und...

In GEAR » UrSack
July 02, 5:56pm

Re: summer sleep pad for hotter regions
I think your off base. The r-value of your sleeping pad is miniscule compared to your mattress at home (those things are like a foot thick!), and people sleep on those through hot muggy summers. ...

In GEAR » summer sleep pad for hotter regions
July 02, 12:13pm

Re: What's with the hostility?
I agree completely Dean. As far as misleading advertising, they did clarify the website somewhat after they received comments on here, but their response was pretty underwhelming to say the leas...

In GEAR » Ultra Light Bear Canister
July 02, 12:06pm

Re: yes, but...
oh, I agree its not clear, and I think its not clear for specific reasons. They are in a tough legal spot since there is no longer a testing agency that tests with black bears and like I said, the...

In GEAR » UrSack
July 02, 8:46am

Re: UrSack
Current regs: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5418860.pdf The requirement seems to be: "containers designed to prevent access by bears" Since bear hanging i...

In GEAR » UrSack
July 01, 6:18pm

What did his doctor say about sodium?
You might want to check out what his doctored said about sodium. The foods you list are pretty high in sodium and I thought reduced sodium was a big part of diabetes prevention too. It seems li...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Meals for a pre-diabetic (i.e. no sugar)
July 01, 11:31am

Re: MadTree Core hammock launch special
Website is down?

In Gear Deals » MadTree Core hammock launch special
June 25, 6:27pm

Re: Re: Lighter1 Initial Review
I agree, its about $30 more, an ounce or two more, and you get 25 cu in more (10% more space). Lighter1 and bear boxer are pretty comparable (slight edge to bear boxer just on those stats). The r...

June 19, 12:16pm

Lighter1 Initial Review
I got a lighter1 little Sami in yesterday and wanted to give an initial look review: Stats: canister = 20.85 oz cap/pot = 6.40 oz handle = 0.90 oz total bear canister = 28.20 oz pot lid...

June 19, 9:20am

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.