Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Miguel Arboleda (butuki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Kanto Plain, Japan
About Me The top of the mountain is more an afterthought than a destination for me. Its the trees and creatures, the weather and people along the way that make the walking good. It's why it's always so hard to come back down. And why, with the odor of days imprinted in synthetics, my coming back down is hard for others, too!
StateTokyo
CountryJapan
My Website URLhttp://laughing-knees.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 151 - 160 of 2598 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...260

Forum » Thread

Re: My neoprene socks didn't work.
Are they thick neoprene socks? If they're the thin ones then wear your wool socks over them. You feet won't get wet and the wool will keep your feet warm. A VBL liner sock worn under you...

In GEAR » My neoprene socks didn't work.
January 03, 8:22pm

Re: Oregon sucks
That's a biggie, the rain. If you can't handle 9 months of unending drizzle, then anything west of the desert is pretty much out. Some people love the rain (like me), others it will drive b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So....how do you all feel about Oregon??
January 03, 12:41am

Re: So....how do you all feel about Oregon??
I lived in Eugene for 10 years. Went to college, both undergrad and grad, there. Of all the places in the world (and I have lived in a lot of places), Oregon was perhaps my favorite. As others have...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So....how do you all feel about Oregon??
January 02, 9:45pm

Re: 2012 Picks
1) Gossamer Gear Mariposa 2012. I had planned to use my Granite Gear Crown for my walking all throughout 2012, but something about the Mariposa 2012 appealed to me, so I went ahead and bought it. I...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2012 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
January 02, 5:55am

Re: Female Staff
There may have been all sorts of problems with BPL over the years, but going out of their way to be unaccommodating to women or other minorities is definitely not one of them. Carol Crooker and Add...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2012 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
January 01, 6:25am

Re: One Pack Frame-Multiple Pack Bags
The trick is finding a good way to attach the stuff sacks without adding a lot of weight. Try these drysacks from Exped.

In Make Your Own Gear » One Pack Frame-Multiple Pack Bags
January 01, 4:36am

Re: Christmas Spirit
Merry Christmas everyone! And Happy New Year!

In Chaff » Christmas Spirit
December 23, 11:07pm

Re: Newtstart
If it was satire, it was inappropriate. Satire is meant to be inappropriate. It's meant to get you to think. It's not supposed to be comfortable. It's not a comfortable topic. If yo...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 21, 11:29pm

Re: Newstart
Er, Scott, surely you didn't take John's post seriously? That was "satire", man. It's supposed to be outrageous! He deliberately inflated the absurdity of the pro-gun position...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 21, 6:39pm

Re: Sacrifice
I did not say you are full of BS, but rather your statement that “Americans who've never experienced living in that kind of society, both pro and against, are purely conjecture.” was BS. Bo...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 21, 6:25am

All Reader Reviews by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear The One
These are comments I made in the forum, just added here for easy reference: I just got back from a three day walk with the One yesterday. It was great, just what I wanted. It's still very much ...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
May 17, 6:08am

ULA Equipment
I just received my Arctic Pack yesterday, a pack that I wasn't going to buy at first because of the expense, but after reading other people's reviews and my just not having enough time to make...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 06, 12:32am

Mountain Equipment Co-op (Canada)
I became a member of MEC in 1992, paying the membership fee and enjoying buying things at great prices and getting very well made gear that you couldn't find anywhere else. Ever since the regul...

February 02, 9:45am

TarpTent
I have three of Henry's creations, the original Squall, the Squall 2, and the Rainbow. All of them have performed wonderfully and have changed the way I go backpacking (along with Glen van Peski a...

January 18, 10:24am

Mont Bell
(well, what do you know, I can't use the word "f*nny pack"!) I've been using MontBell gear since 1977, two years after they started, when I bought my first rain poncho. I still ha...

December 16, 8:36pm

Shires Tarptent Rainbow

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 07, 12:13am