Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Allen Butts (butts0989) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northern Rockies
About Me Allen Butts has not added a biography yet.
CityFort Collins
StateColorado
CountryU.S.
My PDF Gear ListAT-thru hike list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Allen Butts

Showing 151 - 160 of 240 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Re: Shelter Options
I would like a tarp that pitches somewhat close to the ground like the SL-2, and no I do not care about an inner net. What do you think about the Trailstar? Is it good for 2 people +gear?

In Gear Lists » Shelter Options
February 11, 4:28pm

Re: Re: Re: CT 2012
Ya i know how that it, and yes sadly those are the best 2 places to save weight. I think you will be ok with the setup you have in this case. There are ways to go lighter, but honestly if you'...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail 2012 Gear List
February 11, 4:20pm

Shelter Options
I am looking for a 2 person shelter for the JMT this summer, and having some difficulty. The Golite shangri-la 2 was a great fit when it was on sale, but when i tried to buy one they were sold out...

In Gear Lists » Shelter Options
February 11, 3:11pm

Re: CT 2012
When will you be hiking the trail? I took a WM summerlite with me (all of the down put on top) form july 12th to August 10th and was more than fine. Is there a chance that you can return your bag...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail 2012 Gear List
February 11, 2:48pm

BV
Good to know. I just ordered the map set and i will be going over it to see if we can be strategic with our campsites to save weight. thanks for the info.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Carrying a BV 500
February 07, 4:40pm

Bear Canister
Well thats what I was afraid of. Thanks Anna!

February 07, 10:31am

Carrying a BV 500
I will be hiking the SHR this July and I was wondering if there is a way to avoid carrying a bear canister while on the trail to cut weight...? I do not have the map set yet so I cant really ident...

February 06, 10:13pm

Stays
Thats very true, I have thought about doing that with my ULA conduit as well, I would like to put some sleeves for carbon struts on the inside corners, kind of like the new Ohm 2.0.

In Gear Lists » Looking for a pack...
February 06, 11:02am

shes gonna jam
Well it looks like i finally convinced to her to adopt the "ultralight" principle of backpacking so she now is going to go without a frame and get the GoLite Jam. Thanks for all the help!!

February 05, 11:37pm

torso length
Ya I'm not quite sure what her torso length is, probably around 16''. Ill send her a link to that pack, thanks Anna!

February 05, 1:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Allen Butts

Allen Butts has posted no reviews.