BPL Community Profile

Kevin Burton (burtonator) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale norcal
About Me 35, male. Software Engineer living in downtown San Francisco.

I'm an intermediate/advanced backpacker. In excellent shape. Love the outdoors.

Avid fisherman. I always carry my rod with me when I am backpacking.

I've climbed Mount Shasta, hiked most of Yosemite, visited Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

I'm going to do a 4 week section hike of the PCT in 2013.

You could say I'm addicted.

I have a bunch of backpacking videos over at

http://youtube.com/user/burtonator
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://burtonator.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Burton

Showing 151 - 160 of 565 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...57

Forum » Thread

Google's Doogle for today is a tribute to Yosemite National Park
Happy birthday Yosemite!!! https://www.google.com/logos/doodles/2013/123rd-anniversary-of-yosemite-national-park-6124274398003200-hp.jpg

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Google's Doogle for today is a tribute to Yosemite National Park
October 01, 10:16am

hilarious...
Right. That's hilarious. We need to start a geek backpacking meetup!!!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » CBS Channel 5 interviewed me about a black bear encounter video I uploaded to youtube!
September 28, 10:34am

New sleeping bag to scare the hell out of your tent mate...
I NEED THIS!!! http://imgur.com/a/SFR0h

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New sleeping bag to scare the hell out of your tent mate...
September 28, 10:31am

grizzly advice.
and the advice the anchor gave AFTER the interview as bad... but when you only have 5 seconds to discuss how to deal with grizzlies it's difficult to have a nuanced position.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » CBS Channel 5 interviewed me about a black bear encounter video I uploaded to youtube!
September 25, 10:47am

thanks
Thanks... I talked about how in terms of risk your biggest issues were hypothermia, head injuries from falling rock, etc. Bears are FAR down on the list and you just have to be rational. Getting ...

September 25, 10:42am

CBS Channel 5 interviewed me about a black bear encounter video I uploaded to youtube!
So I get this call, completely out of the blue tonight... I'm just about to head out for dinner and it's my local channel 5 station wanting to interview me about a video I uploaded to yout...

September 25, 2:13am

tiny knife...
I too have a tiny knife. The biggest issue is leverage. it would be interesting to take a tent stake and have it somehow screw into the handle of the knife so you have a larger hilt... I ha...

In GEAR » how big of a knife do we really need (or how small of knife can we get by with)?
September 08, 9:10pm

What's it like to bushwhack after a large forest fire?
So let's say your national park has a fairly significant forest fire. Granted it's sad... but it happens. It's also part of nature (assuming the vast devastation isn't because t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's it like to bushwhack after a large forest fire?
September 03, 12:06pm

works..
it works. But beware of false economies. On colder nights it's going to be a bit rough. I always seem to play for +15% of or so additional warmth than I *REALLY* need.

In GEAR » Torso only pads, Yay or Nay?
September 03, 1:18am

Re: Gossamer Gear Mariposa owners
too small.. My zpacks Arc Blast is way better!

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Mariposa owners
August 30, 8:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Burton

Kevin Burton has posted no reviews.