November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart Burke (burkest) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Collegiate Peaks Wilderness
About Me Stuart Burke has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List140 mile Colorado loop hike

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart Burke

Showing 151 - 160 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: WTB: TT Double Rainbow
Ben, Thanks for the link, I will check this out. I had no idea that TTs were carried by any retailer.

In Gear Swap » WTB: TT Double Rainbow
July 10, 7:21am

Re: WTB: TT Double Rainbow

July 09, 2:44pm

WTB: TT Double Rainbow
Does anybody have a new or slightly used DR they are willing to sell? I wanted to buy a new one directly from TT but their website says they are on backorder and I have not been able to get ahold o...

July 05, 2:44pm

Re: New Contrail set up
Franco, Sorry to steal your thunder but John Haley already discovered pitching the contrail this way:

In GEAR » New Contrail set up
July 02, 3:22pm

Re: Re: double yo-yo of AT???
Doug, Justin Licher hiked the AT in the winter of 05-06 as part of his big hike. He went southbound starting around Novemeber 15th and ending around march 1st. Here is his journal: http://www...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » double yo-yo of AT???
July 01, 6:28am

Re: Re: Integral Designs eVENT Jacket or Thru Hiker?
Dirk, I was hiking uphill at 4 mph so I could test the breathability of the jacket. I can only maintain a pace like that for 30 minutes.

In GEAR » Integral Designs eVENT Jacket or Thru Hiker?
June 28, 8:47am

Re: Integral Designs eVENT Jacket or Thru Hiker?
I have had an ID eVENT jacket for about 6 months. I have been happy with it so far but I have yet to use it in a serious downpour. I am 5'7" and 150 lb and I have a medium that fits me wel...

In GEAR » Integral Designs eVENT Jacket or Thru Hiker?
June 27, 8:40pm

Re: womens UL pack
Definatly take a look at the granite gear women's packs if you have not already done so. My wife has a Vapor Ki that works well for her. She has joint problems so the internal frame works well ...

In GEAR » womens UL pack
June 20, 6:37pm

Re: Re: Simblissity LevaGaiter
Nathaniel, The fabric for the leveagaitors is very similar to the stretchy material the side pockets of my granite gear pack are made of. I believe the fabric granite gear uses is a schoeller fa...

In GEAR » Simblissity LevaGaiter
June 01, 9:41pm

I recently received a pair of levagaitors as a present. I have only been able to get out once with them so far. I think that I am going to like them a lot for three season use. The first time I put...

In GEAR » Simblissity LevaGaiter
June 01, 7:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart Burke

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Simblissity Levagaiter
I love these gaiters. I wear them every time I go hiking. They breathe well, dry fast, keep debris out of my shoes and stay in place. When I first used the gaiters it took a few tries to get the fit r...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 26, 4:47pm

Montrail Stratos XCR
I like mine quite a bit. They fit well and are reasonably light. My only complaint after hiking 40 miles with them is that the padding around the ankle soaks up a lot of water and takes a long time (s...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 31, 8:39pm