BPL Community Profile

Brian Barnes (brianjbarnes) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me "A natural sprinter, very dangerous over short distances."
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian Barnes

Showing 151 - 160 of 400 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...40

Forum » Thread

RE:"Bivy design"
Thanks Mark. I have seen Ron's meteor bivy and had planned on using parts of the pattern for my bivy. The issue is I want to be able to use it under a tarp while in snow and thus the mesh upper...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy design
March 02, 3:12pm

RE: "allitude sickness"
Victoria, I've heard Dr. Peter Hackett speak recently at the annual congress of the Society of Critical Care. He's dedicated his life to high altitude research. His website has some good...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » allitude sickness
March 02, 10:44am

Bivy design
I ordered some 1.3osy silnylon and momemtum to make a bivy. Constructing the main body part is simple enough. However, would anyone be willing to post a picture of how the top part of your bivy is ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy design
February 25, 7:58am

RE: "FS: FREE STUFF - LAST TIME 09"
Thom - You are a good man, and I'm not just saying that since I scored some free shoes from you last year! For what it's worth, I too would have been equally concerned about the sleeping ba...

In Gear Swap » FS: FREE STUFF - LAST TIME 09
February 20, 1:59pm

RE: "Budget insulating layers"
If you are looking for some "lighterweight" compressible down pants that are cheap consider Cabelas' down long underwear. I picked these up for my son on sale for US$40. I have not we...

In GEAR » Budget insulating layers
February 18, 12:04pm

RE: "1443 tyvek for inner winter tent"
Dave - Brilliant simplicity! Love the idea.

In Make Your Own Gear » 1443 tyvek for inner winter tent
February 08, 8:44pm

Re: RE: DuoMid - Inner Winter Tent
I was thinking of sewing in some 5 inch tall small diameter tubes (aluminum, Ti, CF, etc) on the uprights and then tie them on top and bottom with guyline to the four corners of the tarp. Something...

February 06, 7:03pm

RE: DuoMid - Inner Winter Tent
from the side:

February 06, 12:22pm

oops... image didn't load... trying again:

February 06, 12:18pm

Here is my concept for an inner tent for the DuoMid. 7'2" long 4' deep, 5" tall silnylon floor, 1.1osy ripstop nylon walls, 4'3" from peak to floor, vents at each end and...

February 06, 12:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Brian Barnes

Brian Barnes has posted no reviews.