Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brett Peugh (brettpeugh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Brett Peugh has not added a biography yet.
CityChampaign
StateIL
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brett Peugh

Showing 151 - 160 of 160 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Trying to see the reason for lightweight softshells
But does it offer really any benefits other than a compromise? My DriDucks jacket or a wind shirt and a LS polypro top would give me better wind and rain protection and more options for less money...

In GEAR » Trying to see the reason for lightweight softshells
October 10, 3:20pm

Re: RE: Softshell Pants
So other than being more durable and stretchy, how would your Arcteryx Gamma LT pants do versus a regular pair of trekking or convertible pants that have a DWR finish?

October 10, 3:15pm

where do softshell pants fit in?
Okay then, the jackets are a fashion statement. The pants might be useful, but how? Without side zips they are pretty much useless for layering. They do have some water and wind resistance prope...

October 10, 1:44pm

weekenders
So they are more for your weekend warrior types that might go home that night or the next day than for those who might spend 3-4 days out or better. I can see that then.

October 10, 12:56pm

cans
Thanks though. I just had to break down and buy that Metal hole punch for $25. The paint cans are much cheaper though an automotive paint supply store than Home Depot though.

In GEAR » Heineken pot and small wood burning stoves?
October 10, 12:54pm

Trying to see the reason for lightweight softshells
Now I see that many people take along a pair of light softshell type pants and jackets when it is cold and I am trying to figure out the reasons for these. I have never been impressed by these bec...

October 10, 12:09pm

Stephenson's VB sock help
I have a pair of the vapor barrier socks from Stephenson's and the wide mouth of them has always been a hassle to fold over onto itself into my boots. Would it be better to have a local person...

In GEAR » Stephenson's VB sock help
May 29, 12:40pm

New DriDucks
DriDucks has a new model out, the DD1026. It only comes in grey, is $10 more but it also a collar you can roll the hood into, a draw cord for the bottom of the jacket, a draw cord for the top of t...

In GEAR » New DriDucks
May 29, 11:06am

Need new more breathable boots
I am looking for a pair of hiking boots that I can use in the snow and on rocky terrain that will be more breathable than my 7 year old Goretex Merrill's. I know there are a lot of eVent ones ...

In GEAR » Need new more breathable boots
May 10, 11:53am

insulation
Most of that stuff won't work either as I have a long torso and need something over 30" in length.

In GEAR » Lightweight high insulating layer needed for the tall
December 08, 12:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Brett Peugh

Brett Peugh has posted no reviews.