BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 151 - 160 of 640 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...64

Forum » Thread

Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent - anything better ?
I've used the BA fly creek ul1 over the past five years. I seem to be in the minority of those who actually like it. The darn thing's bombproof for 3 season use. The fly stays off the netti...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent - anything better for my purposes?
October 02, 1:37pm

"Weight of recently purchased Gossamer Gear Thinlight
I use mine strictly as insurance against sleeping pad punctures. It adds a skootch of warmth, I guess. It certainly doesn't add any comfort. So I use a polycryo ground sheet, tent floor (or ...

In GEAR » Weight of recently purchased Gossamer Gear Thinlight 1/8" pad
October 02, 10:03am

"A weekend with Ediza"
Thank God we didn't make a grammatically incorrect landing of the moon. It would have spoiled everything.

In Post-Trip Reports » A weekend with Ediza
October 01, 7:04pm

"Why barefoot isn't best for most runners"
I wish that I could run--feet issues make it impossible. Just go out the door and it's on. I do walk briskly up hills; I doubt that this can match the beauty of a runner's smooth glide over...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why barefoot isn't best for most runners
October 01, 10:24am

"Why barefoot isn't best for most runners"
"marathoners are like sexual gods". In Runners World magazine. Puhleeze. That's not science, that's marketing. You've been had. Anyway, everyone knows that swimmers are the t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why barefoot isn't best for most runners
September 30, 9:59am

"Your favorite Warm Hat; Favorite Warm sun hat/system"
I also wear the Sunday Afternoon hat in summer and shoulder seasons. But in snow, there's the problem of reflective sunlight. That's why I like--why I'm forced--to use a drape style ha...

In GEAR » Your favorite Warm Hat; Favorite Warm sun hat/system
September 29, 10:58pm

Your favorite Warm Hat; Favorite Warm sun hat/system"
Sun Precautions has a neck drape style shade hat that's very good---100% spf. The neck drape is large, which is good; it has velcro fasteners at several places which allow you to leave the drap...

In GEAR » Your favorite Warm Hat; Favorite Warm sun hat/system
September 29, 1:22pm

"Patrol Shelter vs. Hexamid Solo?"
"My Solo has performed much better than I expected in strong wind." I hope this isn't a thread drift, but...I just came back from using my Hex solo with a beak in a very strong rain s...

In GEAR » Patrol Shelter vs. Hexamid Solo?
September 24, 2:02pm

"Exped Synmat UL7 LW or Big Agnes Q-Core LW?"
My synmat ul7 hasn't leaked over two seasons. I actually prefer the synmat valves to a nozzle, once you figure out the insert-thing, as Jennifer mentioned. They seem more simple, robust and les...

In GEAR » Exped Synmat UL7 LW or Big Agnes Q-Core LW?
September 23, 1:35pm

"North Lake/South Lake loop"
I've had pretty good luck hitching back to my car twice on this loop. I think a good strategy is to somehow indicate that you're only going a short distance. One time I used a sign that rea...

In Pre-Trip Planning » North Lake/South Lake loop
September 16, 6:40pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm