Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 151 - 160 of 663 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...67

Forum » Thread

"Is there a next REI member coupon?"
Sorry Ian I used the coupon to buy this jacket back when the coupon was valid. So not just now. Hard to say about sizing. My arms are 'normal' for my dimensions. Tough call. Ordering on ...

In Gear Deals » Is there a next REI member coupon?
October 31, 1:54pm

"Is there a next REI member coupon?"
By 'mistake' I ordered the alpini hooded anorak in a large--they only had the hoodie in a large. I usually wear a medium. As it turns out, the large is close to a perfect fit for me. I'...

In Gear Deals » Is there a next REI member coupon?
October 31, 1:23pm

"Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex
Actually I'd really sit up and take notice if Patagonia managed to deposit their chemical protection WITHOUT involving molecules.

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric
October 30, 10:17am

"Short Report: Fly Creek UL1 Platinum"
Max: yeah this tent needs to be completely guyed out to stop condensation. Also, in condensation prone sites or situations, I'll unzip a bit of the top of my fly for venting. (I may have mentio...

In GEAR » Short Report: Fly Creek UL1 Platinum
October 28, 10:19am

"The Wonderland Trail"
Good campsites: Mystic Lake; but here's the deal. You can go just past the lake and camp on a ridge overlooking a glacier...it's truly spectacular, fronting the mountain. The only thing is,...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Wonderland Trail
October 27, 9:37pm

"MLD Cuben grace tarp Vs. Zpacks hexamid. Storm wothiness
Yeah I noticed that my cord was abraded just from clipping and unclipping the mitten hook on the beak. Naturally, I noticed this just as a huge storm was pouring down around me. Failure of this lin...

In GEAR » MLD Cuben grace tarp Vs. Zpacks hexamid. Storm worthiness?
October 27, 1:16pm

"MLD Cuben grace tarp Vs. Zpacks hexamid. Storm worthiness
Can someone speak to the wind worthiness of the Hexamid spectra cords? they seem really thin. I'm going to replace/double the two main lines...maybe four lines or all of them. Thoughts?

In GEAR » MLD Cuben grace tarp Vs. Zpacks hexamid. Storm worthiness?
October 27, 8:39am

"Recent injury on the trail"
Hiatal hernias have been linked to atrial fibrillation. I'm not sure of the percentages. With afib, it doesn't necessarily matter that you're in good heart health otherwise (cf lone at...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recent injury on the trail
October 23, 7:17pm

"Mountain Hardwear jackets - Kelvinator vs. Phantom"
Not on your list, but REI has a Brooks Range Mountain Anorak hoodie down jacket on sale on their outlet. 7.7 oz. of 800 down; great hood. I usually get a medium but the large fit me perfectly. A lo...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear jackets - Kelvinator vs. Phantom
October 22, 1:40pm

"Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 w/Footprint"
pm sent.

In Gear Swap » Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 w/Footprint
October 20, 5:30pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm