BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 151 - 160 of 323 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...33

Forum » Thread

First-timer... JMT 2012
Hi Megan, welcome to BPL. 15 lb base weight is great for a 'first timer'! I like the JMT in the Aug/Sept late season (very few other hikers, no mosquitos). If you haven't already pu...

In Gear Lists » First-timer... JMT 2012
May 09, 12:57pm

Re: Cuben: Button Hole?
Maybe a metal eyelet would work? I use them as drain holes in cuben pack pockets. The 1/16" and the larger 3/32" shock cord fits. Joe @ Zpacks also uses them for drain holes in cuben pack...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben: Button Hole?
May 04, 5:20pm

Strange Trail Signs
I saw this on the trail today, glad I'm not in charge of trail maintenance. Any other strange trail signs out there?

In Photo Gallery » Strange Trail Signs
May 04, 5:04pm

MYOG cuben pack
Beautiful pack design KC. I really like the detailed use of specific materials for each area of the pack, like the lighter 1 oz cuben roll top and cuben hybrid on the bottom. I also used the newer ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben pack
April 29, 1:21pm

Re: Piedra Blanca to Punch Bowls
Thanks Rob. It's good Nick can help with info on the area. Too bad about the Punch Bowls, unfortunately it's probably typical of a good area that is so close to a main road. Sounds like it ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » sespe may 18-20th
April 28, 12:16pm

Piedra Blanca to Punch Bowls
Thanks Kevin for organizing this trip last year. Sespe is beautiful in the spring. I checked out the area Rob is talking about, and the photos look amazing. Here's one of the narrows in the...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » sespe may 18-20th
April 27, 6:04pm

12 oz Momentum 50 Summer Quilt
Thanks Dan. The cost of the materials is about $60 in M50 (@$9.95/sqyd), $60 in down (@ $10/oz) plus a few dollars in hardware. There are probably about 10 hours of work involved, but I usually tak...

In Make Your Own Gear » 12 oz Momentum 50 Summer Quilt
April 27, 2:03pm

Re: 12 oz Momentum 50 Summer Quilt
Thanks Todd. It's 80" long. (I'm 6').

April 26, 8:45pm

12 oz M50 summer quilt
Thanks Bruce. M50 is easier to work with than SevenD or the old orange M50, but a little more slick and challenging than M90 or 1.1 oz nylon. It helped to use an iron on some of the edges prior to ...

April 26, 6:08pm

M50 Colors
Here's a few pxts of the Aegean Blue, Coyote Brown and Black. The blue is brighter than it looks on the Thru-Hiker site, the brown is almost a shiny gold and the black is just a basic flat blac...

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 colors
April 26, 5:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am