BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 151 - 160 of 299 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...30

Forum » Thread

Thru Hiker Quilt
Your quilt looks beautiful! Nice job! I agree it is a tedious process, but definitely worth the effort. I am working on a quilt right now with the same color M50 for the outer shell, it's g...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thru-Hiker Quilt Kit Finished
March 27, 1:53am

Light and durable
If light and durable are your main requirements I have also had good results with the Liberty Ridge pattern (Thru-Hiker). Silnylon is a good value, but not breathable. W/p/b cuben at Zpacks is supp...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG rain gear fabric
March 25, 9:23pm

Rain gear material
I would use different materials if making a poncho/pack cover/groundsheet versus a w/p/b jacket and pants or rain skirt or poncho and chaps or poncho with a hat cover and detachable sleeves or etc ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG rain gear fabric
March 25, 8:57pm

great photos
Great photo Nick! I'm heading out to Sespe in a few weeks. What kind of camera are you using?

In Post-Trip Reports » 24 Photo Essay: Gene Marshall Trail, Ventura, CA Backcountry
March 25, 3:59pm

Bivy Dimensions
Hi James, the bivy is 78" long. This seems to be enough to fit a winter quilt, some extra gear and a pillow at the head end (I'm 6' tall).

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy.
March 25, 12:22pm

Re: Solo Tarptent
Looks great! It will be interesting to see how it looks with the front doors/vestibules. Nice!

In Make Your Own Gear » Solo Tarptent
March 16, 6:18pm

Measurements
Thanx for your comments. All measurements are before seam allowances.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Wearable Quilt
March 14, 11:10pm

Pack Pxts
Hey Jeffrey, Thanks for your comments. The shoulder straps are attached using 1/2" webbing and they are shaped similar to the new Zpacks design. The shape is more comfortable than the orig...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben Hybrid Pack
March 14, 1:20pm

MYOG Cuben Hybrid Pack
After seeing some of the cuben hybrid material used on the Zpacks Exo backpacks, I decided to try some on my own version of a cuben pack. The idea with this pack is to make something big enough...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben Hybrid Pack
March 13, 5:09pm

Quilt Questions
Hey Stephen, I used omni tape to form the footbox. It seems to be working well with no draft problems. The tape holds tight. I've used it with the 38" length at the foot end and that ha...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Wearable Quilt
March 12, 11:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am