BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 151 - 160 of 1794 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...180

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Cuben tents
Nia, What is the size of the Rivendell Bombshelter and do you have a link to a picture of it? With that I could give you a very close guess. I went to a Cuben Hammock with a Cuben Tarp. T...

In GEAR » Cuben Tent Question?
January 14, 11:26pm

New Years Greeting from JBS in Japan
I received the a very nice "Happy New Year" greeting from JBS in Japan and a request to pass it on to all his friends at Backpacking Light.com. He sent a picture of a new stove that ...

In GEAR » New Years Greeting from JBS in Japan
January 04, 7:13am

Re: Coleman "X" (Powermax) Stove -- Hose Question.
The braided line is only a protective cover for the gas line inside it. The gas line may not be damaged. The line is crimped to a fitting on the valve and is not a type that come apart. I sh...

In GEAR » Coleman "X" (Powermax) Stove -- Hose Question.
January 02, 12:03am

Re: Cuben tents and 'airbeams'
Hi mike, "I wonder if Cuben might be a suitable fabric for using 'airbeams' like some of the Nemo tents, and doing away with poles all together? The stress would then be placed on ...

In GEAR » Cuben Tent Question?
December 31, 6:48pm

Re: Re: Dialed
Tim, I wear my insulation over the Cuben. That way I can use it in all different temperature ranges. Layers are the way to go.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben / Down Quilt
December 25, 3:07pm

Dialed
Cuben Fiber 1.2oz Rain Pants - 04/16/2007 Cuben Pants Link

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben / Down Quilt
December 25, 1:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cross between Quilt and sleep bag?
Hi Paul, The silk I used for the Silk Quilt and Silk Sleeping bag and most of the other things I make out of silk is from Thai-Silks, product number 021H-000, 4.5 mm per square yard. This silk ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cross between Quilt and sleep bag?
December 16, 11:50am

Re: Re: Cross between Quilt and sleep bag?
I use a lot of silk and did this Silk and Climashield Combat Quilt to use inside a Bivy. The Combat weighed 2.46 ounces per squard yard. I have been warm with this combination down to 42 degrees ...

December 16, 10:47am

TQ-30
Hi Paul, I like your quilt, the design fits what you want very well. You have a very well documented project. I like the way you explain the steps in making the quilt from design planning to...

December 16, 10:02am

Re: TQ-30
Hi Paul, The ultraliteskunkworks blog is one of my "Blog's". I started the Blog as a backup for the MYOG threads I have here and other places. The Blog format makes finding the...

December 16, 8:16am

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am