BPL Community Profile

Tad Englund (bestbuilder) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me I like to be outside
CitySeattle Area
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://englundhomes.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tad Englund

Showing 151 - 160 of 1280 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...128

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Gear..gear...and more gear.
Nick and Paul. I'm with you, but unlike Paul I didn't have the sense/cents not to hike in Jeans, and like Nick I have lived to tell about it I have posted this before, but it needs anot...

In GEAR » Most important gear item
April 17, 10:13am

Re: Backpacking: Baby on Board - Part 2: Trekking with a Toddler
Thanks for writing this, it has been a joy to see the progress of you little family. I do remember the original "heated debate" thread about your possible planned adventure. I am glad ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking: Baby on Board - Part 2: Trekking with a Toddler
April 17, 12:06am

Re: Alternate approach
Roger, will the unit you recommended punch through 1/8" aluminum? That looks a lot easier then clamping wood on both sides for each hole x 12 holes per saw x 4 saws. I figured out that o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Having trouble drilling Aluminum
April 15, 11:17pm

Re: FS: What is the price?
I don't see that you have a price listed. This is too small for me, but I could buy it for someone else; so a reasonable offer would be around $18, because it won't fit me and I don'...

In Gear Swap » FS: Arc'teryx Gamma AR jacket, black medium mens
April 15, 3:31pm

Re: Edge drilling
Thanks Kevin, I am free handing it (no clamps- trying to save time). Any Ideas on how to do it with out drilling a full hole? I don't want to make the blades to narrow

April 15, 11:45am

Re: Re: Having trouble drilling Aluminum
Thanks for all the info. Roger, I too was surprised that The drill had trouble, never did this before. I'm using a Delta Here is what the belt looks like (I tried it at 2400 RPM, 3100 RP...

April 15, 10:20am

Re: 7 days, 7 teens, 1 van in Washington State - ideas? (not necessarily hiking)
My first question is "why are you flying into Spokane?" I would think it would be much cheaper to fly into Seattle, YMMV. Well on your way over/back you could take the long way and st...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 7 days, 7 teens, 1 van in Washington State - ideas? (not necessarily hiking)
April 14, 12:04pm

Having trouble drilling Aluminum
I was given a sheet of 1/8" aluminum (don't know the make up) and I am using it for snow saws. The problem is when trying to drill the teeth for the saw I can't get the 3/8" dril...

April 14, 11:27am

Re: Re: Idaho family sues USFS for $1M after tree hit son
Eric is directly wired for the weird and odd news story. Probably WiFi. How do you find this stuff?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Idaho family sues USFS for $1M after tree hit son
April 12, 5:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Would you trust this filter?
If it was at the REI garage sale for $10 I'd buy it and use it (if I didn't see/find any cracks). The filter system is a fiber tube thingie and even though the PO abused the heck out of it,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Would you trust this filter?
April 12, 5:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Tad Englund

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad
The mattress totally sucked the heat out of me. See this thread for more info about this mattress.

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
November 11, 6:39pm