BPL Community Profile

Tad Englund (bestbuilder) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me I like to be outside
CitySeattle Area
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://englundhomes.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tad Englund

Showing 151 - 160 of 1273 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...128

Forum » Thread

Having trouble drilling Aluminum
I was given a sheet of 1/8" aluminum (don't know the make up) and I am using it for snow saws. The problem is when trying to drill the teeth for the saw I can't get the 3/8" dril...

In Make Your Own Gear » Having trouble drilling Aluminum
April 14, 11:27am

Re: Re: Idaho family sues USFS for $1M after tree hit son
Eric is directly wired for the weird and odd news story. Probably WiFi. How do you find this stuff?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Idaho family sues USFS for $1M after tree hit son
April 12, 5:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Would you trust this filter?
If it was at the REI garage sale for $10 I'd buy it and use it (if I didn't see/find any cracks). The filter system is a fiber tube thingie and even though the PO abused the heck out of it,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Would you trust this filter?
April 12, 5:39pm

Re: Boreas fit
Joe, I'm 6'2.5" and 175/180 (depending on the week) with a 35"+ sleeve and the Boreas is a loose (casual) fit for me, not skin tight (just what I like). The sleeves go past my w...

In Gear Deals » Several Rab Jackets on sale including 20% off
April 12, 2:42pm

RAB Boreas for 47.97
Thanks, I picked up another Boreas for 47.97 out the door. This is a great option for a windshirt

In Gear Deals » Several Rab Jackets on sale including 20% off
April 12, 12:19pm

Re: Re: ovee and over...
I think my mis-use of the GOTO command is the reason the university I attended made a new policy that if some one created a loop on the IBM 360; the "offender" would have to pick up the t...

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
April 11, 1:27am

Re: Re: out of curiousity
Nick, I'm trying to really understand your method ("secret"). Could you repeat it for some of us slower guys.

In GEAR » Is a thermarest "Neo-Air" actually worth the price difference?
April 10, 10:56pm

Re: bindings
I totally agree with Konrad about the bindings. I have a few pair with both setups and while the Axis is easier for my wife to use but I don't take her anywhere that puts a strain on the the b...

In Gear Deals » MSR Lightning Ascent Snow Shoes - All Sizes 60% Off - $108-$120
April 04, 2:27pm

Re: from pat's website
Greg, though I didn't write the review on the Patty website it is exactly what I found to be true. Stuff the corners as full as you can get them and then work on evening it out as you finish s...

In GEAR » 2013 Patagonia Houdini pocket size too small to stuff
April 04, 9:56am

Re: SOTMR: Two-way Satellite Communications for Backpacking: Part 3: Satellite Texting
Rex,thanks for putting this together I have need to look at this for some time and you did the research for me. Sean, thank you also for your input.

In Editor's Roundtable » SOTMR: Two-way Satellite Communications for Backpacking: Part 3: Satellite Texting
April 03, 4:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Tad Englund

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad
The mattress totally sucked the heat out of me. See this thread for more info about this mattress.

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
November 11, 6:39pm