Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

ben wood (benwood) - BPL Guest

My Locale flatlands of MO
About Me i am 30, a husband and father of 2 girls. i am currently a stay at home dad. i have been backpacking for about a year as of this writing. if you want to anything more, just let me know.
CityLexington
StateMO
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGila NF may 2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ben wood

Showing 151 - 160 of 595 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...60

Forum » Thread

Insulation versatility
So I was thinking about the versatility of our insulating layers and thought I would post to get a few thoughts. down vs. synthetic vs. fleece Down pros - best warmth to weight ratio, easy to ...

In GEAR » Insulation versatility
November 11, 9:06am

questions for you down jacket gurus
I currently have and have liked my patagonia down sweater. I like the warmth level as it seems to be versatile for my needs and uses. However, the fit is just too baggy and boxy. (I lost about 20lb...

In GEAR » questions for you down jacket gurus
November 11, 8:30am

Re: Anybody?
backcountry.com has some 2009 womens lite-speed. i think back then womens was offered in sm and med, while men's was offered in med and large. so I THINK medium was the same. might want to try ...

In Gear Swap » WTB GoLite Lite-Speed (Pre-2010) Size Medium
November 02, 10:36pm

better than most
yeah, we al know that patagonia appeals to the yuppies. It appeals to me as well. Am I a "yuppie"? Maybe, maybe not, what do you call a "yuppie"? I really don't give 2 shat...

In Gear Deals » Patagonia attitude toward gear recycling
November 01, 8:37am

Re: puffy pants: Patagonia MicroPuff or EB 1st Ascent Igniter?
I don't have experience with either, but if you have the $100 gift card for pata and patas are lighter, I'd go with those. Especially considering they both have the same insulation JUst my...

In GEAR » puffy pants: Patagonia MicroPuff or EB 1st Ascent Igniter?
October 26, 5:03pm

Eugene Smith is a beast
Eugene probably wouldn't brag on himself about this, so I will. Eugene ran the Deadman Peaks Ultra last weekend, a 50 miler (i think 54 in reality) across beautiful NM. Out of 62 entrants...

In Other Activities » Eugene Smith is a beast
October 25, 7:48am

Re: Girls!!!
Nice job Thom. Impressed that after a nice long run you were able to keep a 6min pace for 5 miles. And impressed that she is covering 5 miles at that age. And nice choice of priorities, good to...

In Chaff » Girls!!!
October 25, 7:38am

+1
Razorwire - that should do the trick! Hahaha

In GEAR » Guyline tripping prevention with kids?
October 24, 2:52pm

student
So far i have been a janitor, cook, cabinet maker, cook, millworker, cook, retail, pharmacy tech, house flipper, machinist (my main career for 6-7 years). As you can see I keep coming back to being...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you do for a living?
October 24, 9:07am

Re: Cilogear madness!
+1 never seen these packs in person, but think they are well thought out and pretty darn cool.

In GEAR » Cilogear madness!
October 13, 9:08pm

All Reader Reviews by ben wood

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD Super Prophet
well, i purchased this pack used from another BPL member. It looked brand new. upon first receiving it i was amazed at the craftsmanship and quality involved in construction. this is my first pack fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 20, 1:05pm

patagonia down sweater
i bought this sweater %50 off on sale for $100 and have been very happy with it. pros: very comfy and warm, somewhat water resistant outer shell, pretty light, price cons: sewn through construction...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
June 15, 11:28am

Granite Gear company
i have purched one pack and a few stuff sacks from Granite gear. i have been extremely happy with their products. good customer service as well. you can read my review of that in another thread. the s...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 01, 3:26pm

Granite Gear Customer Service (???)
i read other had bad customer service. well i purchased a nimbus latitude and it came with a womens hipbelt that didn't fit. i was leaving for a trip in a week. what was i to do? well i called gr...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 01, 3:21pm

REI Sub-Kilo 20 degree
i got mine on sale for like $160. it has kept me warm at 10-15 deg. it is a slender fit, which i prefer as i am only 5'9". on the scale it is about 1lb.14oz. and well worth the money spent. t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 30, 10:45am

trangia mini
great stove, comes with cookset which includes a stove with simmer ring, potstand/windscreen, pot, frypan/lid, and pot gripper. the whole thing weighs in at 11oz. and is quite tough. i have used in 1...

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 30, 10:41am