Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Benen Huntley (benen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me I'm new to backpacking but love camping, rock climbing and the outdoors.
CityHighbury
StateSouth Australia
My PDF Gear ListBasic Gear List (summer and winter)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Benen Huntley

Showing 151 - 160 of 193 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Thru Hiker
He recommends the thru-hiker. Definitely top of my list for a huge weight reduction once I get all of my other gear! It's a great price and insanely light. If we got a stove and pot each it wou...

In GEAR » Cook / Eat system
March 24, 7:06am

pro
so the pro should be suitable for the evernew .9L? Or maybe the Thru Hiker? They practically all weigh the same anyways.

March 24, 6:41am

Nearly There!
Hi again :) I finally think I'm nearly read to place my order for all of my new backpacking gear. Just got to go in to a local store and double check a few things. One of the final things I...

In GEAR » Nearly There!
March 24, 6:21am

Thanks Chris!
Thanks for that Chris. That's very kind of you! Any other comments on the Osprey Kestrel range vs the Gregory Z range? Another note. Since we're going to be purchasing the Neo-Air sle...

In Gear Lists » Updated Gear List
March 24, 2:30am

Moosejaw
thanks Nick, It has to be something from moosejaw because postage from the US is too much to buy from seperate sellers. They do sell golite packs but not sure if there are any other options there.

March 24, 1:34am

Thanks Chris
Thanks mate. I think the thing that draws us most to the osprey packs is the curved frame to keep the pack off of your back. As we said before it can get very hot here and after doing some day tri...

March 24, 1:11am

Kestrel 58?
The knife has to be useful for cutting up vegetables etc. because it would be taken car camping too if that helps your recommendations? How about the Kestrel 58? They are the same weight as the G...

March 24, 12:42am

thanks!
How about the Kershaw chive at 1.9oz? Im just picking from what moosejaw offer. I have an old Roman brand self inflating mattress that isn't too bad to sleep on but weighs 1kg. I've tried ...

March 24, 12:19am

difficult
Gosh this is more difficult than I thought! haha.

March 23, 11:28pm

gram weenie
well end2end trail supply are giving away free gram weenie and gram weenie pro's with evernew titanium pots which look like a really good option. Is the pro just a bit bigger? Will probably be ...

March 23, 11:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Benen Huntley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I just purchased two WM Ultralite bags from HH and they arrived today. I got an email to say when they were shipped and the shipped free from America to Australia. Couldn't be happier.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 31, 6:36am

Western Mountaineering The Company
As was previously said. I also live in Australia and they will not allow american retailers to sell to us. Ridiculous. I was surprised that I managed to purchase 2 sleeping bags from hermitshut which ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 23, 7:37pm