BPL Community Profile

Benen Huntley (benen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me I'm new to backpacking but love camping, rock climbing and the outdoors.
CityHighbury
StateSouth Australia
My PDF Gear ListBasic Gear List (summer and winter)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Benen Huntley

Showing 151 - 160 of 167 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

tents
well i still have no idea! haha. Thanks all for your detailed responses. I guess i'll just have to read more and make a decision. I'm sure the tarptent shelters are great too and i would ...

In GEAR » Hubba Hubba HP vs Carbon Reflex 2
March 20, 11:33pm

new to backpacking
well i'll definitely go with the wm ultralight bags since they have free shipping from hermits hut. I've already got the flex3 and love it. With one handle, one pan 2 bowls and 2 mugs it w...

In Gear Lists » New to backpacking
March 20, 11:22pm

hermitshut
Wow that looks great anna! I think i might go for the ultralight! Its so freaking light! This forum has incredibly helpful. Thanks all so much for your quick and useful replies! One quick que...

March 18, 10:15pm

hermitshut
thanks anna! i'll check it out!

March 18, 10:11pm

packs
Thanks Nate, It's very tempting but its also scary! I'd be devestated to discover that we spent all that money on packs and then they were too small to keep us comfortable! As i said befor...

March 18, 10:10pm

sleeping mat
also, we both tend to sleep on our sides a lot so I might look into the extra weight but comfort of the prolite plus. Thanks for the tip :)

March 18, 10:07pm

cr2
I was originally all for the hh hp but im tending towards the cr2 now haha. i hate decisions!

March 18, 9:19pm

new to backpacking
thanks for your reply :) I'm tending towards the carbon reflex from replies i've had in another thread and I'll definitely consider an alcohol stove if my pack seems to be too heavy. ...

March 18, 9:18pm

thanks
that's what I thought but like you said. You said, you would have to be mad not to stake it because of wind, as you say, the vestibule needs staking anyways so I guess that's an irrelivent ...

March 18, 3:19pm

new to backpacking
thanks Travis, yeah I have spent a ridiculous amount of hours slaving over the computer reading review after review of everything! There's so much to think of and its a lot of money to spend so...

March 18, 3:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Benen Huntley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I just purchased two WM Ultralite bags from HH and they arrived today. I got an email to say when they were shipped and the shipped free from America to Australia. Couldn't be happier.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 31, 6:36am

Western Mountaineering The Company
As was previously said. I also live in Australia and they will not allow american retailers to sell to us. Ridiculous. I was surprised that I managed to purchase 2 sleeping bags from hermitshut which ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 23, 7:37pm