Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 151 - 160 of 10277 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...1028

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: My education from a white Southerner
"I think people just want to move on from that period " Actually, I count myself in that group, Jerry. I have no special emotional attachment as the flag forms no part of my heritage....

In Chaff » SC Governor is So Wrong!
July 08, 1:29pm

Re: My education from a white Southerner
Charles, You deserve big credit for being much more empathetic than many here! But can you see... if we start taking down symbols and whatnots that are deemed "divisive" -- we might...

July 08, 1:25pm

Dwindling Resources? Blame it on the Rabbits and the Pigs
So who are the major consumers of the world's resources? Rabbits - China, India, Philippines and a host of other poor countries. Pigs -- Canada, US, Australia, and a few others who consum...

In Chaff » Population Bomb
July 08, 1:01pm

Re: Hogwashed Population Bomb
Ian, I think we are now back on the same page (not necessarily meaning you agree with me, but just that you know where I am coming from). My strong kicking back ("hogwash") is reall...

July 08, 12:50pm

Re: My Apologies - I Too Was Confused
Jim: Mea culpa. I saw your post about the new Frontier with added virus-filtering capability -- got all excited -- and went on the Aquamira page. I didn't see any reference about "red...

In GEAR » Frontier Pro Portable Water Filter (Series III Green Line Bacteria Filter)
July 08, 12:25pm

"Are you suggesting that our population can continue to grow at the rate it is, consequence free? " Ian - I know I can be long winded -- but if you have the time, please indulge me by ...

July 08, 12:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Frontier Pro Portable Water Filter (Series III Green Line Bacteria Filter)
Jimmy, You misread my post up above. I am aware my Frontier Pro does nothing to block viruses -- which is why I pair it with chlorine. My point is that the new Frontier Green Line has the pote...

In GEAR » Frontier Pro Portable Water Filter (Series III Green Line Bacteria Filter)
July 08, 12:02pm

Maybe I missed, but the article seems predicated basically that we cannot allow population to 'keep growing' and the need to speak what needs to be spoken -- as well as the need for laws t...

July 08, 11:49am

Re: My education from a white Southerner
Charlie: "It was invented, and has been resurrected at various times, for racist reasons." You are not ignorant and I am sure you know inside that the Confederacy didn't break a...

July 08, 11:37am

Re: Population Bomb
All pretty hogwash, actually (the article, not Ian or Jerry). Laws are needed to discourage people from doing something they wish to do. And draconian laws to discourage people from doing what ...

July 08, 11:12am

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am