BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 151 - 160 of 3982 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...399

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: REI -- Really?
^ thats all there is to it ... and same to MEC theres always MEC whiners ... not to say they dont have issues, but they have plenty of gear you can make a "UL" kit with its not like...

In Philosophy & Technique » Does this mean I'm ultralight?
March 10, 12:25am

Re: Re: cheap
Its a kovea copy ... The other BPLer said its more stable with the lighter attached, he said he hasnt had any problems the last few years other than the piezo being finicky Thats been my experie...

In GEAR » Recommend me a canister stove.
March 09, 9:39pm

Re: Loft
he said that the amount of down fill worked better ... accounting for the size of the bag of course and of course en-ratings are the "best" for RELATIVE comparison to each other ... si...

In GEAR » 30F Bag Comparisons--which to buy? (with spreadsheet!)
March 09, 9:24pm

cheap
if you want to go the cheap route this stove ive found works just fine for 12$ the build quality IME doesnt seem any worse than any other stove out there ... another BPL member has used it for a...

In GEAR » Recommend me a canister stove.
March 09, 9:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: alpha
No matter who published the chart, it shows the competitor "market leading synthetic insulation" to have a clo of 2.12. This is HIGHER than 800FP down and more than 2x higher than what wa...

In GEAR » North Face Thermoball technology
March 09, 8:53pm

A Simple Tree Branch Can Become a Backyard Water Filter
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/environment/water/a-simple-tree-branch-can-become-a-backyard-water-filter-16540288 MIT researchers test an inexpensive water filter fashioned from a pine ...

In Philosophy & Technique » A Simple Tree Branch Can Become a Backyard Water Filter
March 09, 4:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: alpha
FWIW, the dry time value also differs from what Polartec publishes under their own site. DUDE shall you or i send an email to polartec asking if the chart i posted is correct? are we REAL...

March 08, 5:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: alpha
the chart comes from the westcomb fall 2013 catalog ... the numbers are from polartec themselves they give it as "* Warmth: clo test using ASTM F1868-09 " i dont have access to the...

March 08, 5:16pm

Re: Re: alpha
for the same weight im willing to be that the alpha has a much lower CLO value ... which is what polartec and westcombs chart above show i mean if all we wanted was "warmth" we could j...

March 08, 4:52pm

alpha
polartec alpha is significantly less insulating than your standard insulation think of it as a fleece (its based on the thermal pro fleece) with an element resistant shell on top ... i su...

March 08, 4:34pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm